Royal Caribbean Post Round-Up: May 29, 2016
Happy Sunday and happy unofficial start to summer, as the Memorial Day weekend here in the United States marks the start of the season for many.
It was another exciting week for Royal Caribbean fans, as Royal Caribbean announced it had ordered a fifth Oasis-class cruise ship for delivery in the Spring of 2021.
Royal Caribbean signed a memorandum of understanding with STX France, and the order is contingent upon the completion of customary conditions, including documentation and financing.
"The Oasis-class ships have delivered beyond expectations each time," said Michael Bayley, President and CEO, Royal Caribbean International. "Harmony of the Seas' warm reception is evidence that growing this class of ship will continue to drive exceptional performance for the brand."
We have a lot to share with you this week, so let’s jump right in…
Royal Caribbean News
- Empress of the Seas arrived home in Miami.
- Details on Royal Caribbean's Adventure of the Seas refurbishment plans.
- Royal Caribbean added six more Ovation of the Seas Australia sailings in 2017/2018.
- Are Royal Caribbean's unlimited drink packages worth it? We tried to find an answer.
- Our full review of Sabor Modern Mexican on Navigator of the Seas.
- Photos from Grease on Harmony of the Seas.
- Speaking of Harmony of the Seas, here is a drone video of her sailaway.
- A look at Radiance of the Seas' refurbishment work that was recently completed.
- Our review of Izumi Express Sushi on the Go.
- A scientific look at how thrilling the Ultimate Abyss is on Harmony of the Seas.
- Shore excursion review of the two forts in Old San Juan.
- Another shore excursion review of the Caribbean scenic railway in St. Kitts.
Royal Caribbean Blog Podcast
In this episode, Matt looks at the times of year someone could take a Royal Caribbean cruise, as well as consider the departure ports available and what the weather is really like in Alaska.
Royal Caribbean Blog Reader Finds
— Scott Clifton (@Dsclifton) May 21, 2016
— Colleen McDaniel (@CruisingColleen) May 26, 2016
Royal Caribbean Around the Internet
Autism on the Seas has a look at the amazing work they do on Royal Caribbean cruises with kids with Autism.
In The Loop Travel has a new video of their ride on the Ultimate Abyss.
Royal Caribbean UK spoke with Independence of the Seas Godmother.
Shermans Cruise posted their full review of Harmony of the Seas.
Cruise Miss also shared her full review and thoughts on Harmony of the Seas.
Strawberry Squeeze has yet another review of Harmony of the Seas.
Porthole Magazine has a humorous look at the ship's daily newsletter.