Royal Caribbean cancels stops to CocoCay private island through Monday
Royal Caribbean has been forced to cancel stops to its private island in the Bahamas, CocoCay, through Monday due to the effect Hurricane Irene had on it. Royal Caribbean's reasoning for cancelling is being described as, "we feel our guest's experience ashore would be disrupted".
The following stops have been canceled
- Majesty of the Seas - August 27
- Monarch of the Seas - August 28
- Freedom of the Seas - August 29
As a result of this itinerary change, Royal Caribbean has decided to amend the following itineraries as follows
- Monarch of the Seas will now stay overnight in Nassau, Bahamas, arriving at 12:00 p.m. today and departing at 11:00 a.m. on Sunday, August 28.
- Majesty of the Seas will also stay overnight in Nassau, Bahamas, arriving at 12:00 p.m. today and departing at 5:00 pm. on Sunday, August 28.
- Freedom of the Seas will call on Nassau, Bahamas, on Monday, August 29 from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
No word at this time if any further cancelations will be necessary. Royal Caribbean reported sending a team yesterday to evaluate the damage to the island.