2 Twin beds into King

Aneedels

Just now, Aneedels said:

Do we have to call/talk to someone and tell them that we want our room to have the 2 twin beds pushed into a King or do we have to do it ourselves??

That is the default.  If it isn't when you arrive just ask your cabin attendant to make it a king.  They might not right away, but soon after muster they'll take care of it for you.  

Just now, Aneedels said:

Do we have to call/talk to someone and tell them that we want our room to have the 2 twin beds pushed into a King or do we have to do it ourselves??

You just tell the cabin attendant or call them from your cabin once you get into your room and they will change the setup when they do their evening service. They don’t do this ahead of time anymore. But no you don’t have to do it yourself and it only takes them a couple minutes. 

At the end of my last cruise my DW and I went to breakfast in the Windjammer. When we left the room the bed was configured as a king bed. We went back to the room to get our carryons before disembarking and the room was mostly clean and the beds were separated as two twin beds. So, sometimes they do it in advance. Not sure how to tell them that you wish it to be twins.

BTW, the beds are very comfortable and I could not tell that it was two twin beds pushed together.

Steven

I have a seen an option during the online check-in for at least one cruise line that allows you to indicate ahead of time your preference (I don't recall if Royal was one of them). I think they also sometimes guess based on the guests ... when my wife and I travel they have always had the beds together as default on the couple of occasions my son and I shared a room they had the beds split already ... maybe just coincidence.

As indicated though, just ask when you see your cabin attendant and it will be taken care of.