booked 8pm dining, want mtd

becky650

I just booked my cruise though Costco this morning.  They told me that there is no option for my time dining and that I can only get the 8pm traditional dining time.   I would really like to have this changed, as I hate the thought of having to stick to only one time if I choose to eat in the dining room.  Does anybody know if this can be changed prior to the sailing (december 6) or will I have to wait until I am on board?

I have never heard of MTD being completely "booked". Does this happen ?

Have you tried going online to view your reservation and see if you have any other options for dining ? I wonder if Costco is just giving you the easy answer (for them).

When is your cruise ? If it is coming up shortly then I can understand early traditional dining being full but I didn't think they ever closed MTD out.

Thanks for the responses.  I was told that I was just put on the wait list, so I will definitely keep checking.  I will hope to get put on MTB, if not then I will have to decide if I want to cancel by my final payment date.  The cruise is set for early December.  

I have heard of MTD "selling out" of late. I assume there are capacity issues just like anything else.  My advice would be to get onboard as early as possible and speak to the dining room manager as he/she might be able to adjust your assigned dining option.  You could also book a specialty restaurant the first night at a discount and/or choose to eat at the Windjammer as this will give you the flexibility on the first night as the change likely won't occur until the second night.

There are a lot of reasons why I might cancel a cruise, but for me not being able to get MTD, even though it's preferred, wouldn't be one of them as there's a good chance that you can get it changed onboard.

I believe MTD is booked up on my Freedom cruise coming up.

With all dining requests (MTD, traditional, Dynamic Dining), my recommendation is tell your travel agent (Costco in this case) that you would like to be added to the wait list.  In most cases, at some point the wait list will grant you access to an open spot.

If by some chance your wait list does not come through, go speak to the head waiter in the main dining room on embarkation day.  This ALWAYS works in my experience.  

Once cruise we were locked out of traditional dining and went about talking to the head waiter on embarkation day and it was no problem at all.