Liberty of the Seas cruiser

I havea  scheduled January 2017 cruise on Liberty of the Seas and will benefit of the refurb it will receive in 2016.  With the announcement of at least one water slide.  What other upgrades can I look forward to.  I definitely think Sabor will be added, anything else?

I havea  scheduled January 2017 cruise on Liberty of the Seas and will benefit of the refurb it will receive in 2016.  With the announcement of at least one water slide.  What other upgrades can I look forward to.  I definitely think Sabor will be added, anything else?

Have a great time!  My wife and I are taking Liberty out of Cape Liberty this OCT (prior to refurb naturally) for the 10-night Bermuda/Caribbean cruise... 96 days!  Can't wait!   :D

I would suspect that it will be very similar to what the Freedom received except the Liberty will get the water slide.  I don't foresee, nor have I read, anything different.

That's probably a smart bet.  A couple of new specialty restaurants and Portofino will be replaced more than likely.

They have not announced anything else. It may be a few months before we get an official list.

Her last sailing is January 3, 2016 before refurbishment. I happen to be on this sailing.

My son actually asked if we could stay on an extra week so that he could try out the slide, not understanding that it takes a few weeks.

Gotta love kids!

Have you considered delaying the cruise until after the refurb?

I have considered delaying, but that's the only week that works with school schedules. Plus, we booked at a pretty competitive rate.

Given that we've never been on a Freedom class ship, I'm sure we're going to enjoy it even without the new enhancements. Plus, she did get some upgrades not that long ago with the addition of Saturday Night Fever, Cupcake Cupboard, the Dreamworks Experience, etc.

I'm sure we will. My son is simply excited that they have ice skating and a Flow Rider. Plus, the price is pretty competitive and Texas is much closer to California than Florida. There's also the plus of sailing out of a new cruise port, which I like to do.

• 1 month later...

A friend of mine got back from a cruise on Liberty of the Seas a couple of weeks ago and the only things she heard from the crew were that Portofino was going to become Giovanni's Table (no surprise there), and they were going to be taking out the gothic-themed nightclub. I suspect they'll replace it with cabins on deck 3 and a restaurant on deck 4. I'm hoping it's Sabor, but I think I read that some other ship had an Izumi put down there.

I sailed on her during her inaugural season in 2007. I get to sail on her pre-refurbishment in a couple of months and then again post-refurbishment next October, so it'll be nice to see what's changed from the first refurbishment and again from the second.

(I'm really glad I'm getting a chance to enjoy Portofino one last time. I'm contemplating purchasing the dining package and just eating at Portofino and Chops every night.)

With Liberty going into dry dock next year any word of a Starbucks being added?  Not a lot of chatter about RCL adding more Starbucks to existing ships.  I will miss my white chocolate mocha fix on my cruise.

I'd say that this is not going to happen. They haven't added Starbucks to any of the other ships during their drydocks, save for Oasis of the Seas to match what Allure of the Seas had.

A friend of mine got back from a cruise on Liberty of the Seas a couple of weeks ago and the only things she heard from the crew were that Portofino was going to become Giovanni's Table (no surprise there), and they were going to be taking out the gothic-themed nightclub. I suspect they'll replace it with cabins on deck 3 and a restaurant on deck 4. I'm hoping it's Sabor, but I think I read that some other ship had an Izumi put down there.

That sounds reasonable.  I'd bet on Sabor, based on what Freedom got.

I was also thinking Sabor might be slightly likely since Liberty of the Seas will be homeported in Galveston, which is where Navigator of the Seas was when she got Sabor.

That might be stretching the connection a bit, but there's a bit of logic there.

I was also thinking Sabor might be slightly likely since Liberty of the Seas will be homeported in Galveston, which is where Navigator of the Seas was when she got Sabor.

That might be stretching the connection a bit, but there's a bit of logic there.

That's a great point too