DAVE(Darkcabbie)

Independence of the Seas Live Blog

Thanks for the updates.  Your trip had a very interesting itinerary.  I must live vicariously though wonderful blogs like yours for itineraries like this. I like to zoom in on Google Earth to the port stops and view pictures.  It’s like I was right there with you!  You also had some good insight to ship details.  Great job!

Thanks we are glad you liked them

Loved your updates hope you had an amazing time.We are booked on this very same cruise next October on the 2nd.We are on deck 9 and have a junior suite.Can't wait to go.

We had the best time ever thanks. Deck 9 is a good level to be on and we were near the back in room 9680 which is close to the junior suites. We had a quick peak while passing one and they look lovely, they have bigger bathrooms with a tub and a shower plus they are considerably wider. 

You are going to have a great time and as you can see by our blogs there is loads to do and see both on the ship and ashore and you may have the same problem as us with not having enough time in the day to do everything. IT WAS AWESOME  :D  :D  :D

We had the best time ever thanks. Deck 9 is a good level to be on and we were near the back in room 9680 which is close to the junior suites. We had a quick peak while passing one and they look lovely, they have bigger bathrooms with a tub and a shower plus they are considerably wider. 

You are going to have a great time and as you can see by our blogs there is loads to do and see both on the ship and ashore and you may have the same problem as us with not having enough time in the day to do everything. IT WAS AWESOME  :D  :D  :D

Sounds great.We had a junior suite on Liberty and that was a good sized room for the 3 of us.We are mid ship on Independence I think 9294.

Really enjoyed all the posts. As we will be going on the Liberty of the seas it was giving me alot of insight into the ship we will be on.  So I will be honest. I have never eaten at a specialty restaurant mainly cus I have always enjoyed the other food that they offer and its already included but between you and Matt I have been thoroughly convinced to try Chops as I am a huge steak lover. Every time I read a post of someone going there or see pictures I am more reassured that I will be trying it out when we cruise.  Thanks again for the detailed Posts 

Really enjoyed all the posts. As we will be going on the Liberty of the seas it was giving me alot of insight into the ship we will be on.  So I will be honest. I have never eaten at a specialty restaurant mainly cus I have always enjoyed the other food that they offer and its already included but between you and Matt I have been thoroughly convinced to try Chops as I am a huge steak lover. Every time I read a post of someone going there or see pictures I am more reassured that I will be trying it out when we cruise.  Thanks again for the detailed Posts

Have just come off Liberty this September and had Chops Grill steak in the main dinning room.It works out a bit cheaper than Chops Grill but still the same steak.It was lovely one of the best I have ever tasted.

That is the exact same cruise I have booked for next year port for port. So I have two questions. First. I want to keep everything you are willing to share about the trip. Likes. Dislikes. Good and bad. Things you wish you did and didn't do. Spare no details. Second is did you go to Rome on the port day at civitacheccea. If so. How do you choose to get there. Did you have enough time to see everything you wanted. I will take as much info as you can give.

That is the exact same cruise I have booked for next year port for port. So I have two questions. First. I want to keep everything you are willing to share about the trip. Likes. Dislikes. Good and bad. Things you wish you did and didn't do. Spare no details. Second is did you go to Rome on the port day at civitacheccea. If so. How do you choose to get there. Did you have enough time to see everything you wanted. I will take as much info as you can give.

I didn't do Rome but my cousin and friends did but they did their own thing and had a great time.I did Rome many years ago so stayed on the ship.