New? Furious Flyer Zipline Labadee

melski94

I definitely never saw that leading up to my cruise last April. I guess they're building something new for those who want zip lining but not the extreme of the Dragon's Breath.

Price looks ridiculous, though. That's more than they charge for Dragon's Breath without a sale; on the best sale I was able to catch, the Dragon's Breath line went down to $79 pp.

3 hours ago, JLMoran said:

I definitely never saw that leading up to my cruise last April. I guess they're building something new for those who want zip lining but not the extreme of the Dragon's Breath.

Price looks ridiculous, though. That's more than they charge for Dragon's Breath without a sale; on the best sale I was able to catch, the Dragon's Breath line went down to $79 pp.

I agree.  Without a sale Dragon's Breath is about $105 and like you I purchased it for $78 on our Nov cruise.  Still shows $105 for my March cruise but everything is expensive for that one.

Here's a few other screenshots.  I'm thinking this is one of those where there are several lines but it it unclear.  We just did a local zipline course that says it spans 2400 ft over 6 ziplines and so the number of ziplines is unclear with RC.  I can't imagine it is just 1 long zipline similar to Dragon's Breath.  Note the closed toe shoes requirement which is different than Dragon's Breath.  Also I double checked Dragon's Breath and there is no minimum weight requirements online but most know the minimum to be 75lbs so wonder if it will be similar.  Not sure we'll do it in Nov but may check it out for something to do in March.

.  .1401901056_ScreenShot2018-07-29at11_45_57AM.png.12f1dec7a9e4834a36699e81e53b6358.png

2049437699_ScreenShot2018-07-29at11_46_12AM.png.0f958b248839e2db2ab3c97021b45f50.png

I just checked and Dragon's Breath is "more than 2600 feet long", per Royal's marketing page, so 2800 for this new activity isn't that much longer in terms of raw linear footage. I think you're right that this might be a multi-line setup, and it may also not be as steep or fast as Dragon's Breath (note how DB makes a point of the 40-50mph speed, where this activity has no speed listed). Given you're going head-first, you most certainly do not want to be brought to a jarring stop when traveling that way, so while it's probably still fast, it's not the crazy speed of DB.

I guess we'll have to wait for someone to take a trip to Labadee and try out the new offering, or see the inevitable GoPro video on YouTube, but at least after seeing the additional details the price doesn't seem quite so ridiculous relative to DB. And I'd imagine that like DB, this new line will also have sales that bring the price back down to a somewhat more reasonable level as sailings get closer and Royal is looking to fill up those booking slots.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...