Majesty of the Seas staying in the fleet

I was on the Brilliance in Northern Europe in July/August. While you correct that there's no Sabor, there is the Chef's Table, Izumi, Chops, Giovanni's Table, Rita's Cantina, and Park Cafe. I would kill to see Rita's turned into Sabor or at least a casual version of Sabor. I think we may have been the only people there in 12 nights and left with a tab of under $3. We also didn't go back as it didn't do much for us.

Did they install a Samba Grill on Brilliance like they did with Radiance? They seem to have abandoned Samba Grill as an option in the more recent refurbs for the other ships.

Did they install a Samba Grill on Brilliance like they did with Radiance? They seem to have abandoned Samba Grill as an option in the more recent refurbs for the other ships.

They did not.  After Radiance they seemed to have scaled back on the refurbishments.  She received the Centrum aerial show, Izumi, Rita's Cantina, and Park Cafe.  She also received a screen on the pool deck.

Yes, the Concierge Lounge! With the stairs! Yes, that was it. I remember now. And it was certainly remarkable! And we got the cookbook too. Never used it, but it's nice nostalgia.

We dipped out on our 150 reservation on Oasis. It seemed too uppity for our tastes. Someday, we may take another look at it. We will definitely book the Chef's Table again, but I'm afraid of which ships to do it on, after seeing the Freedom spin on it. Maybe Oasis class or higher only?

Interesting...your thoughts about 150 being "uppity".

I know that we went to 150 on Allure b/c Allure has those high-backed shell chairs (Oasis does not). We remarked to the waitress that we felt like Alice In Wonderland and we spent the entire meal making up a story about Alice and the rabbit. I know...it sounds dorky now but it made the meal so memorable.

I have often wondered if that waitress passed on our story and experience and if that had any influence on the genesis of Wonderland.

Probably not but it makes for a good story, right ?

They did not.  After Radiance they seemed to have scaled back on the refurbishments.  She received the Centrum aerial show, Izumi, Rita's Cantina, and Park Cafe.  She also received a screen on the pool deck.

She also got the Boardwalk Doghouse. Interesting about the big screen on the pool deck not being installed on the other Radiance ships. She's due back in drydock in May next year, so I wonder if they'll get rid of Rita's Cantina and install Sabor? And whether they'd keep Samba Grille or put something else in it's place (Jamie's Italian or Wonderland)...

She also got the Boardwalk Doghouse. Interesting about the big screen on the pool deck not being installed on the other Radiance ships. She's due back in drydock in May next year, so I wonder if they'll get rid of Rita's Cantina and install Sabor? And whether they'd keep Samba Grille or put something else in it's place (Jamie's Italian or Wonderland)...

Are you referring to the Radiance with regards to the doghouse? If Brilliance received the doghouse, it was gone a few months ago when we sailed her; it would have been a nice addition to the Brilliance and the afternoon dining options.

Rita's cantina ? Ugh...what a poor substitute for Sabor !

I haven't had the good fortune to try Sabor, but I can tell you I was underwhelmed by Rita's, which is why I keep suggesting that Rita's be converted to a casual, a la carte version of Sabor on ships that don't have the space for a stand alone restaurant. Perhaps Saborita's? I know I could go for a Saborita's margarita right about now. ;)

Are you referring to the Radiance with regards to the doghouse? If Brilliance received the doghouse, it was gone a few months ago when we sailed her; it would have been a nice addition to the Brilliance and the afternoon dining options.

Yes, Radiance had the Doghouse installed on Deck 11.