question on outlets

ZOKUEL

how many outlets are in a junior suit? Also what are approved methods of gaining more in you think you might need them?

I see on youtube a lot about power strips but heard they are banned, you also see a lot on single unit multi plugs, and also pigtail plugs with 3 outlets.

Welcome to the message boards!

This can vary by ship.  Which ship are you sailing?

I've started carrying a USB power port that features a number of USB ports that can charge multiple devices at the same time.  As my needs have evolved so many of my things are USB based.

Power bars with surge suppression are banned but in some cases even simple extension cords with multiple outlets have been confiscated.  If you need an extension cord for medical reasons they will provide one free of charge.

Just now, ZOKUEL said:

Would the  360 Electrical 36053 Power Curve Mobile Surge Protector with Rotating Outlet and USB Ports 2 OUTLET sold on amazon be a no go 

i have a couple of them already

Definite no go.  Anything with surge in the name is banned.

Ships don't use the same electrical system as on land and tend to have a floating ground that isn't bound to neutral.  Consumer surge suppressors are not designed for this type of electrical system.