Oasis of the Seas beds

Just completed a 7 day cruise on Oasis of the Seas. This was my 4th or 5th cruise with RC and I have Always had a wonderful experience. HOWEVER, when we arrived and first entered our cabin, I immediately tried the bed out as I had Been traveling all day and was exhausted. I noticed Very quickly that the bed felt different. I had Always slept like a baby on previous cruises, but this bed was very hard and extremely uncomfortable. I called upon our guest steward, and she explained to me that RC had recently removed ALL of their egg shell foam pillow tops. What she had to offer us was a mattress pad. When we returned to the room a few hours later, she had indeed set that up for us and while it was a small improvement, was no where near what I had Been accustomed too on RC Cruises. Needless to say, I was Miserable. I couldnt Sleep at all on this bed. I tossed And turned every night for 7 nights!!!!!! I don’t know why they removed these pillow toppers, but they have. At least on Oasis. We also noticed other things that were different on this cruise. Many corners being cut in different areas. No snacks in fridge, no bottled waters in room, or even upon request. You have to go downstairs and purchase bottled water. They will however provide ice daily. 

The food was good, as usual. The dining room is probably your best bet for meals. We made a reservation for Chops, and the night before, we realized that the steak and lobster being served in the dining room, is the very same served at Chops. Chops will charge you 55-60.00, where the dining room is only 25-35.00 extra. Makes sense to just go to dining room. The meals were very good. We stayed on the 14th floor which I do Not recommend. 15 is a public deck and all day and night you hear feet up and down the floor. Anyway, my reason for writing this was mainly the bed situation. I highly Recommend you bring your own pillow top if u have a bad back like me. 

Hi, Kelley. Welcome to the boards!

Sorry to hear that you didn't have the best of experiences on Oasis. Others here have also commented in the last year or so on the removal of the egg crate foam; the explanation they had been given at the time was that it was being done for sanitation reasons, as the foam can't be cleaned and they were finding it to be getting into less-than-desirable condition more rapidly than expected.

Regarding the lack of snacks and beverages being pre-stocked in the room refrigerators, this is a change that was made across the fleet maybe eight months to a year ago. Royal found that too many passengers with pre-stocked refrigerators were being charged for consumption of items from the fridge that they never actually took, most typically the bottled waters when the cabin stewards would find a bottle lying in the room and assumed it was from the fridge, not picked up by the passenger at one of the vending locations. They also didn't have enough people actually using the items stocked in the fridge to make continued stocking worthwhile, so between those two factors they just stopped pre-stocking the refrigerators altogether. I thought that you could still ask the cabin stewards to get items for you, but maybe Royal decided not to go this route as it could lead to people making further complaints of false charges for items they "didn't request". Certainly, if they leave it up to each passenger to get what they want in the fridge and put it in there, there is zero question about whether the passenger wanted it and paid for it.

They do still offer pre-cruise packages like a dozen bottles of Evian, and those will be placed in your cabin (but not necessarily the fridge) before your arrival.