RCL App ??

I will be going on the Symphony in May 2019 which means I will be experiencing ever increasing degrees of excitement between then and now. So, my next focus is trying to figure out what is this new app everyone is talking about? Let's get real basic. What does it do? Where do I get it? Do I really need it? I am one of those old folks who checks my cell phone (smart phone?) at least once a week to make sure it still works. I do know it's an android phone and I am fairly familiar with Amazon.com if that helps. Thanks for any help!

The app is called "Royal Caribbean International" and you can find it in the Google Play store for Android phones.

The app is a work in progress.  They are slowing adding more ships and features to the app every so often.  Eventually the whole fleet will use it, possibly by sometime in 2019.

At the moment it is pretty basic.  You can see your itinerary, some calendar events from the Cruise Compass.  The ship time is displayed in the upper left corner in case you visit ports in a different time zone.

Eventually more will be added to the app.  Things like possibly making dinner reservations or booking an excursion, checking in at the terminal using Mobile Check In, etc. 

Some of the website changes recently were made so the new app could display more items you find on the new website and display them very close to how you see them on the new website.

For Android you can find it here:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rccl.royalcaribbean&hl=en_US

682148943_royalappgoogplay.jpeg.0d6857d8f40ef85d926b48837f3516e8.jpeg

32 minutes ago, twangster said:

The app is a work in progress. 

Emphasis on work in progress.  It's there, it provides some functionality, but we're still a bit away from it being a must-have app.

If you're on a ship that currently support the app, there's really no reason not to get it, but just keep in mind that it's functionality is limited at this time.

Hey @kontraxed, welcome to the boards!

I will be sailing on SY in little over a month, so I will update you how the app is working and what functionality there is at this moment. 

Like both Matt and twangster have said, the app is still a work in progress! By your sailing in May of next year, most functionality will hopefully be added to the app. This will include Facial Scanning Check-in at PortMiami, Drink Ordering, Luggage Tracking, Dinner and Shore Reservations, Deck Plans, Online Cruse Compass, and more features to make your cruise as easy and enjoyable. 

Hope this helps answer your questions even more!