rocky and the rollers cruise ..rockin the carribean

I booked this cruise for Feb 7th months ago.. since than it has been announced that rocky and the rollers are having concerts and different events for AAA members which we didn't book with AAA..is most of the ship going to be closed off for non AAA members now? If non AAA members are going to have limited space I may have to cancel..

I'm not familiar with this event but in general, large groups can reserve spots on the ship but it's not like "most of the ship" will be closed.  There may be lounges or venues closed off for an hour or two here or there but it won't be like you don't have access to a vast majority of the ship.

OK..I called AAA and they were trying to get me to get a membership and pay 1200 more for the cruise..they told me that it goes on all week and it takes up most of the ship. This goes on every year at the same time.. I don't know why royal didn't announce that on the cruise schedule.. really disappointed but I will go as long as we can still move about on the ship.. I am worried that the entertainment won't be as good neither because over 2000 attends the rocky and the rollers event

It looks to me like you might both call Royal and also speak to a travel agent about this. Royal might know something, but I hear their agents dont always know 100% of the info. Perhaps a local TA could provide further insight. I looked up the event in question though and to me it sounds pretty pervasive for the whole week indeed, leaving me in doubt if they would just have a venue for short times or if the whole cruise compass is good as gone to their 'extravaganza'.

I called royal and a TA agent and neither one could give me much info but a lady on cruise critic said it's about 700 people who attends and they usually just close up one room at a time..I'm hoping that's the way it is and they still have a good cruise compass

This is what someone told me so I think I may go ahead and go:

This year they had around 700 on my cruise and was told it was like that all three weeks he was doing it. Never once was I unable to do something because of that group. The people I ran into were all very nice. It actually works out well for the normal cruisers for shows. They would have a show in the ice rink during the normal theater shows or they would use the theater during the ice show times. Don't worry about cruising with them at all it won't affect your access to any scheduled event in the compass.

I was on a cruise with royal a few years ago - Hogs on the high Sea"  all Harley owners that raise money

for Dialysis.  There were 2000 of them onboard and they did have events but we were never impacted by

them - In Fact they were the best group of people I've ever sailed with as a group...lol...AND we even

got to be part of some events like an 800 person T-Shirt swap on Labadee, so fun

Basically if its 700 people I would not worry too much, while they may have events they usually

cannot impact the whole ship or RCI would not sell other cabins on the same date.

Hope this helps and have fun - like the other lady said they may be great people!!

• 7 years later...

Knock-Knock--the '70s are calling again.

https://exploretravel.acg.aaa.com/rockin-the-caribbeanfeb-12-2023/

I remember watching Sha Na Na on WGN in the late 70's. It was like watching American Graffiti and Grease every Saturday afternoon for 30 minutes. Bowzer was the greaser in a black shirt who led the group proclaiming "Grease for Peace". Sha Na Na was also in the movie Grease.

You'll have to book through AAA in order to see Bowzer and many other performers onboard.

In any case, hoping someone will sing the Monotones hit "Book Of Love" (Oh, I Wonder, Wonder who, mmbadoo-ooh, WHO) (Who wrote the Book Of Love?)

Bowzer.jpg