twangster

Adventure 5 Nights 5/5/18 Repositioning San Juan to Bayonne

Bayonne tip:

Other people in the FB group reported Uber/Lyft prices in the $50-58 range to EWR.  Those 1st off snagged it for $12.  My brief delay caused me to pay $21 but that's a lot better than those 30 minutes or an hour after me.  

It pays (or saves) to get off early.  

2 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

This could ONLY happen to you...

Actually I just got finished with another dude with the same name who was wanted (arrest warrant).  For a couple years every time I crossed a border they would start to look me over with interest until I pointed out he was African-American and I'm not, something one agent let slip early on.  

Maybe it's the same guy but now he has a protection order filed on him.  Minor inconvenience that only takes a few minutes to research.  Not a lot I can do about it.  

4 hours ago, JLMoran said:

Awesome blog as always, @twangster. 😊👍👊 Looks like the Moment lenses worked out pretty well for you, a lot of those shots were spectacular!

I missed my Nikon.  The Moment lenses are fine but a phone camera struggles in low light.  I didn't post a lot of photos that were just too grainy.  

The filter holder works well too but I found it hard to use a CPL because the phone screen is hard to see in daylight.  You can see well enough to frame a shot but it's too hard to see detail to judge the CPL adjustment required.  

21 minutes ago, twangster said:

Your turn next 😎

Group cruises never happen when I can actually go so more favourable to staying hidden.  You guys are welcome to come find me.  You know where I'll be until March 2020 😉  I already told @Floski and @Skid that it would make for a very interesting live blog.

12 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Group cruises never happen when I can actually go so more favourable to staying hidden.  You guys are welcome to come find me.  You know where I'll be until March 2020 😉  I already told @Floski and @Skid that it would make for a very interesting live blog.

I know where I will be in March of 2020, 11 night South Pacific cruise.

Where will you be?

Just now, WAAAYTOOO said:

I'll be home eating beans and ramen noodles.  My next Star Class cruise is in Feb. 2020 so I will be broke for a while after that....

Understand that, I have three lined up in a row that are all about the same price...

1 hour ago, tiny260 said:

Understand that, I have three lined up in a row that are all about the same price...

You have 3 Star Class cruises booked??

1 hour ago, twangster said:

I'm not planning on sailing MSC. 

Haha...told you already, one time deal...for research purposes...while I wait for Symphony.