Jump to content
tonyfsu21

Casino Royale - the end of an era

Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, AGSLC5 said:

I wish we could combine the email "comped" offers with the certificates. I just got a certificate last week for an Oceanview room but of course none of the dates work for me and its annoying only getting a trade in value of $750. It would be great if I could use it to upgrade all these email offers I am getting 

I find the certificates to be nearly useless.  The emailed comp offers are extremely valuable to us as they are cheap to upgrade.  Since the no longer allow us to combine carts and casino rates (or comped rates) then the carts have nearly no value to us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I find the certificates to be nearly useless.  The emailed comp offers are extremely valuable to us as they are cheap to upgrade.  Since the no longer allow us to combine carts and casino rates (or comped rates) then the carts have nearly no value to us.

Totally agree with you Raye. The certificates are basically useless and are always for crappy sailings. I do much better with the emailed/mailed offers or just randomly calling club Royale and having them look at my history and they decide what kind of rate to give me. Thats how I ended up getting another comped cruise just by calling and asking what they could do. I am very interested to hear what tier you end up in so keep us posted. Hope your having fun I love Allure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tony, Raye, and Anyone Else,

I spent about 30 minutes on the phone with RCCL Club Royal because I am on the Liberty the first week of May and wanted to know my ranking. Of course, they couldn't tell me. What the representative did tell me is the new ranking system and what each level is called and what you get for the level. I am going to list them below. Just remember this is just one representative's information and somehow it will change with each rep you talk to.

Step 1 is called Choice and you need to get from 1 to 2,499 points on a cruise. With the Choice level you qualify for rewards certificates and point redemption.

Step 2 is called Prime and you need to get from 2,500 to 24,999 points on a cruise. With the Prime level you qualify for the Choice benefits and the convenience fee waived and free drinks in the casino.

Step 3 is called Signature and you need to get from 25,000 to 99,999 points on a cruise. With the Signature level you qualify for the Choice and Prime benefits and priority check-in and one (1) comped device for WiFi and a short comped cruise. Also the rep stated she thought there would be Signature events on the cruise.

Step 4 is called Masters and you need to get 100,000 points on a cruise. With the Masters level you qualify for the Choice, Prime and Signature benefits and two (2) comped devices for WiFi, priority seating pretty much everywhere, usually a 7 day comped cruise, special Masters only events, dining, meetups, etc.

I hope this helps and as I said it is only what one rep told me. Supposedly RCCL is suppose to email all Casino Royale members before their cruise and let them know what their level is and what they qualify for. But if they don't just go to the Casino Host/ess.

Hope this helps. Candie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, firegal2539 said:

Tony, Raye, and Anyone Else,

I spent about 30 minutes on the phone with RCCL Club Royal because I am on the Liberty the first week of May and wanted to know my ranking. Of course, they couldn't tell me. What the representative did tell me is the new ranking system and what each level is called and what you get for the level. I am going to list them below. Just remember this is just one representative's information and somehow it will change with each rep you talk to.

Step 1 is called Choice and you need to get from 1 to 2,499 points on a cruise. With the Choice level you qualify for rewards certificates and point redemption.

Step 2 is called Prime and you need to get from 2,500 to 24,999 points on a cruise. With the Prime level you qualify for the Choice benefits and the convenience fee waived and free drinks in the casino.

Step 3 is called Signature and you need to get from 25,000 to 99,999 points on a cruise. With the Signature level you qualify for the Choice and Prime benefits and priority check-in and one (1) comped device for WiFi and a short comped cruise. Also the rep stated she thought there would be Signature events on the cruise.

Step 4 is called Masters and you need to get 100,000 points on a cruise. With the Masters level you qualify for the Choice, Prime and Signature benefits and two (2) comped devices for WiFi, priority seating pretty much everywhere, usually a 7 day comped cruise, special Masters only events, dining, meetups, etc.

I hope this helps and as I said it is only what one rep told me. Supposedly RCCL is suppose to email all Casino Royale members before their cruise and let them know what their level is and what they qualify for. But if they don't just go to the Casino Host/ess.

Hope this helps. Candie

Candie-

The levels are listed on the CR page but the point accumulation you mention seems really high unless they are changing the way you earn points. To accumulate 100,000 points on a 7 day cruise would mean a MASSIVE amount of cash spent and I just don’t think a cruise ship gets that kind of action. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, firegal2539 said:

Step 3 is called Signature and you need to get from 25,000 to 99,999 points on a cruise.

I just had a strange chat with someone at Club Royale. I was calling up to apply my latest certificate to an upcoming cruise, and she mentioned that just based on the points from my last cruise alone, I'd be Signature.

I know I didn't earn 25,000 points during my last cruise, so it's certainly possible she simply misread the number off her screen and added a digit. Otherwise, I wonder whether they're changing the number of points per dollar wagered. I haven't seen anyone else say that, so my basic assumption is that she made a mistake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Marc said:

I just had a strange chat with someone at Club Royale. I was calling up to apply my latest certificate to an upcoming cruise, and she mentioned that just based on the points from my last cruise alone, I'd be Signature.

I know I didn't earn 25,000 points during my last cruise, so it's certainly possible she simply misread the number off her screen and added a digit. Otherwise, I wonder whether they're changing the number of points per dollar wagered. I haven't seen anyone else say that, so my basic assumption is that she made a mistake.

Yeah I’m really confused. This whole program is still a headache. Sounds like it’s working out in your favor though. I am “signature” as well according to the CR phone rep. Not sure how this is gonna go but I will find out at the end of May & report back. PS: it’s REALLY annoying when you get your invoice emailed to you after you get off the ship & they charge you $50.00 for towels that you returned! Must be some kind of racket because this has happened to us twice now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t think you have to accumulate all the points in 1 cruise.  I think it’s a cumulative deal where you keep adding up your points throughout the evaluation period.  So you may start out at level 1 or 2 but once you accumulate 25k points you graduate to level 3 etc.  that’s the way I understand it anyway.  During the last evaluation period (18 months as I recall), I accumulated 11,667 points which puts me right in the middle of level 2.  I have already qualified for level 2 for the new evaluation period which started April 1. This new evaluation period will run from now until March 31, 2019 and then it all starts over again.  I never expect to get above level 2. I don’t wager enough but I’m ok with that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I certainly hope some of this is ironed out before I sail on EOS in mid June, especially hope that the above mentioned host is no longer there.  I have no idea what my tier level is, I was oping it would be on my last mailing from CR, but it wasn't. I know I reached the level of outside balcony room the last cruise, but have no idea what that will translate to. Not looking forward to the phone call I need to make before I go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, ladydiinflorida said:

I certainly hope some of this is ironed out before I sail on EOS in mid June, especially hope that the above mentioned host is no longer there.  I have no idea what my tier level is, I was oping it would be on my last mailing from CR, but it wasn't. I know I reached the level of outside balcony room the last cruise, but have no idea what that will translate to. Not looking forward to the phone call I need to make before I go.

Get on that phone as quick as you can. I’ve been fighting with them for a week and so far no real resolution. I’m sailing again in May.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/10/2018 at 10:54 AM, WAAAYTOOO said:

Tony, I am SO happy to hear this news.  Imagine how many people that hostess totally screwed with her incompetence not to mention how many loyal CR members she disappointed, like you.  I hope she gets soundly reprimanded. Totally inexcusable !  I’m glad the shoreside folks made it right for you.

Update-

The shoreside CR team has kept me updated and it looks like they are in the process of approving a full cruise fare refund! I also asked that they comp upgrade my May Allure sailing from a grand suite to a crown loft suite. Holding on approval call. It appears as though they are going to make me whole. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, tonyfsu21 said:

Update-

The shoreside CR team has kept me updated and it looks like they are in the process of approving a full cruise fare refund! I also asked that they comp upgrade my May Allure sailing from a grand suite to a crown loft suite. Holding on approval call. It appears as though they are going to make me whole. 

Well, you certainly deserve it.  They completely ruined your Majesty cruise.  I hope this all comes through.  Glad you were able to find someone to help you and I hope the Casino host on the Majesty is gone b/c of this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The saga is over..... refund was issued for the drinks in the casino, convenience fees and the $50 that we were charged for towels that we in fact returned. In addition to the refund, we were given a comped upgrade from a grand suite to a crown loft suite on our Allure sailing next month. I am satisfied with this and CR certainly made me whole. I will return to the casino and give this another try. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tonyfsu21 said:

The saga is over..... refund was issued for the drinks in the casino, convenience fees and the $50 that we were charged for towels that we in fact returned. In addition to the refund, we were given a comped upgrade from a grand suite to a crown loft suite on our Allure sailing next month. I am satisfied with this and CR certainly made me whole. I will return to the casino and give this another try. 

I'm very glad to hear they made it right for you as of course they should. Enjoy your CLS. One day I will get one but I love gambling so I rather spend my money on that than the room lol. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, tonyfsu21 said:

The saga is over..... refund was issued for the drinks in the casino, convenience fees and the $50 that we were charged for towels that we in fact returned. In addition to the refund, we were given a comped upgrade from a grand suite to a crown loft suite on our Allure sailing next month. I am satisfied with this and CR certainly made me whole. I will return to the casino and give this another try. 

YIPPEE !!  So glad to hear it, Tony.  I hope that casino hostess on Enchantment heard about all of this !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m getting in on this late, but have to add my two cents. My wife and I are so frustrated and fed up with CR. Every time you turn around they change the rules and it’s always NOT in favor of the player. I’m especially pissed because they NEVER work with me to accommodate my needs. They tell me how they have to follow strict rules and blah blah blah. Then two weeks later my dad tells me they are accommodating his request with no problem. I also see here that people “talk with managers” in CR. I have asked on two or three occasions to speak with a manager. I have ALWAYS been told no, you can send in an email to voice your concerns. My wife and I are so fed up with the casino program since they have ruined it. It used to be extremely player friendly and fair. Now it’s a scam with certificates that we wind up throwing away because we can’t use them as we are not retired and book our cruises in advance. They have made the casino program beneficial to retirees and no one else. I guess they will change it when their players start dying off. I will just go to a land based casino to “bank” my points and get real casino hosting in the process. Did I mention that too? The casino host can’t comp ANYTHING anymore. The only thing that has been consistent from CR are two little words...I’m sorry. That’s all they can say about how crappy the program has become. I’d love to go back to rebates, casino rates for all cruises, and real host benefits and comps. Seems like many on this thread miss those things too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Cruiseandplay said:

I’m getting in on this late, but have to add my two cents. My wife and I are so frustrated and fed up with CR. Every time you turn around they change the rules and it’s always NOT in favor of the player. I’m especially pissed because they NEVER work with me to accommodate my needs. They tell me how they have to follow strict rules and blah blah blah. Then two weeks later my dad tells me they are accommodating his request with no problem. I also see here that people “talk with managers” in CR. I have asked on two or three occasions to speak with a manager. I have ALWAYS been told no, you can send in an email to voice your concerns. My wife and I are so fed up with the casino program since they have ruined it. It used to be extremely player friendly and fair. Now it’s a scam with certificates that we wind up throwing away because we can’t use them as we are not retired and book our cruises in advance. They have made the casino program beneficial to retirees and no one else. I guess they will change it when their players start dying off. I will just go to a land based casino to “bank” my points and get real casino hosting in the process. Did I mention that too? The casino host can’t comp ANYTHING anymore. The only thing that has been consistent from CR are two little words...I’m sorry. That’s all they can say about how crappy the program has become. I’d love to go back to rebates, casino rates for all cruises, and real host benefits and comps. Seems like many on this thread miss those things too. 

It’s over & done with. Kiss the good days of the CR goodbye! I’m fed up too. I had to fight like crazy & work to get made whole so getting a “managers” was not so easy. Nobody wants to take accountability for anything in that call center. In the end after more trouble (and time spent) then it was actually worth, a manager reached out and corrected all my issues from the Enchantment cruise. All in all the land based casinos are going to treat you much better. Good luck 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Completely agree that the call center is worthless since they’ve outsourced offshore.  My experience...don’t call in the AM as you will almost certainly get one of the new reps.  Far more likely to get on “old” one in the evenings.  As I’ve said before, the certificates are worthless but the “free” cruises have been extremely usable.  Of course, that means you have to choose from their “list” but assuming you can find a cruise that works for you on the list, upgrades have been very affordable. We got 2 inside certificates (one each) last month on LIB and booked NAV over Thanksgiving.  We paid very little to upgrade to a JS. Our 2 Prime “free” cruises we were able to upgraded all the way from inside rooms to Star Class for a very good rate so you have to be flexible and use a good TA to do the legwork for you.  You also have to be diligent and track your points carefully but at least they will give you your points info now.  Under the old program there was no accountability at all and you had no idea how many points you had.  Now that info is much clearer.

Sure.  It’s different. I hate that the casino discounts on all cruises is pretty much gone but there are some good aspects to the new program too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On October 9, 2018 at 10:00 AM, WAAAYTOOO said:

 we were able to upgraded all the way from inside rooms to Star Class for a very good rate so you have to be flexible and use a good TA 

Just curious.....what does star class include? 

Happy cruising 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Vee2525 said:

what does star class include?

Star Class includes everything that Sky Class includes plus:

Services of the Royal Genie who is kind of like a personal Concierge.  He/she will make your dining reservations, reserve specific seats in the various entertainment venues and help you arrange any kind of special event such as parties in your suite, private excursions, etc.  Personally escorts your party through the embarkation and disembarkation processes.  Will personally have access to your onboard account and can correct any problems with billing; can handle any kind of guest service issues without you having to go to Guest Services.

Unlimited specialty dining at any of the specialty restaurants.  This includes in-suite delivery of specialty dining during hours that the restaurants are operating.  Includes Starbucks coffee (but not pastries), ice cream at the ice cream kiosks, popcorn, etc.  Includes unlimited food at Izumi, including hibachi, Chef's Table (some have reported being charged for wine but we have never been charged) and any food/dining venue.

Unlimited beverage packages for everyone in the suite (age appropriate).

Special access to some of the recreational activities such as flow rider, bumper cars, Northstar, Ripcord.  This is generally in the form of special hours when you can have "priority".  I have never done any of these activities (but will on Anthem in Feb.) so I'm not entirely sure how it works but I know that there are specific situations and times when Star Class guests have priority.

Star Class is basically an " All Inclusive" experience.  You still have to pay for cabana rentals on the private island and excursions.  That's about all you have to pay for.  I will be interested to see what is included for Star Class on CocoCay once The Perfect Day is completed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FWIW   The following is just an opinion. By no means am I criticizing anyone. 

  I totally understand the frustration of feeling slighted by not being treated differently than a first timer in any situation. That said, for the life of me, I DON’T understand going on a cruise, and spending all that time, and inevitably losing all that money, in a casino. This is 2018. There are casinos all over America for the most part. The cruise seems a perfect time/place to have a drink, bask in the sun, see a show, beautiful meal, etc. Just about anything BUT sit in a smoky, dank, dark casino.  In 10 cruises, I’ve walked through the casino to go from forward to aft, or vice versa, and it strikes me every time, what are you people doing in here ??!!!  LOL    To each his/her own 😉   I hope they make good on their program to all y’all. 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Michael Vitale said:

FWIW   The following is just an opinion. By no means am I criticizing anyone. 

  I totally understand the frustration of feeling slighted by not being treated differently than a first timer in any situation. That said, for the life of me, I DON’T understand going on a cruise, and spending all that time, and inevitably losing all that money, in a casino. This is 2018. There are casinos all over America for the most part. The cruise seems a perfect time/place to have a drink, bask in the sun, see a show, beautiful meal, etc. Just about anything BUT sit in a smoky, dank, dark casino.  In 10 cruises, I’ve walked through the casino to go from forward to aft, or vice versa, and it strikes me every time, what are you people doing in here ??!!!  LOL    To each his/her own 😉   I hope they make good on their program to all y’all. 👍

It’s vacation. If gambling makes you happy then I guess sitting in the ships casino all day and night would be some people’s idea of a vacation and make them happy. I doubt these mega ships would be afloat today w/o these wonderful people “inevitably losing their money”. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Michael Vitale said:

FWIW   The following is just an opinion. By no means am I criticizing anyone. 

  I totally understand the frustration of feeling slighted by not being treated differently than a first timer in any situation. That said, for the life of me, I DON’T understand going on a cruise, and spending all that time, and inevitably losing all that money, in a casino. This is 2018. There are casinos all over America for the most part. The cruise seems a perfect time/place to have a drink, bask in the sun, see a show, beautiful meal, etc. Just about anything BUT sit in a smoky, dank, dark casino.  In 10 cruises, I’ve walked through the casino to go from forward to aft, or vice versa, and it strikes me every time, what are you people doing in here ??!!!  LOL    To each his/her own 😉   I hope they make good on their program to all y’all. 👍

Michael not to discredit your opinion but isn't that the point of a cruise? Everyone gets to do whatever they want. I live in Ft. Lauderdale and I don't want to bake in the sun on my vacation. I do that all day everyday.. What I can't do is play blackjack in a casino. Do you know why because in my state of Florida the only place blackjack is legal is in Indian run Casinos like Hard Rock. Well I refuse to play there because in my opinion it is rigged and never once have I won there. However, on the ship I have won thousands of dollars. I have also lost but I love the fact that I also walk away every time with a free cruise.. Infact this year alone I have 8 free cruises from my play in the casino and its fun for me. I absolutely love sitting in there for 8 hours a day playing cards. Do I still do other things of course. I see all the shows and go to all the restaurants but I don't sit out at the pool because thats boring for me and I can do that at home. So I think its all about perspective and what you like to do. Also I am diamond plus with 290 points and I have been on 48 Royal cruises so all the shows and activities are quite repetitive and sine I cruise like 8 times a year what I like doing is sitting and playing cards. This is why I love Royal everyone can do whatever they want and meet up for dinner to talk about their day. So im glad you enjoy other activities on the ship and Happy Cruising!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, AGSLC5 said:

Michael not to discredit your opinion but isn't that the point of a cruise? Everyone gets to do whatever they want. I live in Ft. Lauderdale and I don't want to bake in the sun on my vacation. I do that all day everyday.. What I can't do is play blackjack in a casino. Do you know why because in my state of Florida the only place blackjack is legal is in Indian run Casinos like Hard Rock. Well I refuse to play there because in my opinion it is rigged and never once have I won there. However, on the ship I have won thousands of dollars. I have also lost but I love the fact that I also walk away every time with a free cruise.. Infact this year alone I have 8 free cruises from my play in the casino and its fun for me. I absolutely love sitting in there for 8 hours a day playing cards. Do I still do other things of course. I see all the shows and go to all the restaurants but I don't sit out at the pool because thats boring for me and I can do that at home. So I think its all about perspective and what you like to do. Also I am diamond plus with 290 points and I have been on 48 Royal cruises so all the shows and activities are quite repetitive and sine I cruise like 8 times a year what I like doing is sitting and playing cards. This is why I love Royal everyone can do whatever they want and meet up for dinner to talk about their day. So im glad you enjoy other activities on the ship and Happy Cruising!

I couldn’t agree with you more. I too live in East Fort Lauderdale and I can throw a rock at the Harmony from my backyard on her way out the inlet every Saturday. In Fort Lauderdale it’s an endless sunny summer of paradise and our reasoning for cruising I’m guessing is different then the majority. Most are fleeing the awful frigid Winters in the North to get a week long reprive and bask in the sun. I do still see the shows and enjoy the dining as well but the sun and fun on the pool deck or the beach days in Labadee are just another average day in Fort Lauderdale for us. Now hanging in the casino playing blackjack or roulette for as many hours as I can get away with while the wife and kids are doing their thing is what I call “fun”! I like the atmosphere (not so much the smoke), talking with fellow players and drinking free alcohol! That’s what I would consider fun for 7 days while being disconnected from work and everything thing else back home! And then once we arrive back in Fort Lauderdale I’m walking through my front door before the crew makes it off the ship and has their coffee at Starbucks on 17th street!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...