Scooter Rental/Pier Transportation for Ports: Cozumel, Costa Maya, Roatan?

Lindsay

Hi!  So, I am traveling with my 75 year old Mom in September to mentioned ports.  A few questions:

• Some of these piers are super long.  Does the Pier or Royal provide transportation from the ship up to the port town and the other way around too?  My Mom gets exhausted when walking far and while that may not be far for some people, for her it really is.  Is there a service that is a golf cart or something that can transport her/us from the port town to ship or ship to port town so she doesn't have to make that trek?  If so, who do I arrange this with?

• Same question for scooter rentals.  Wondering how this works.

Thank you all in advance for the help!  I want to make this trip as painless and effortless for my Mom as possible.  I don't want her to stress about the walking.  

@Lindsay You can rent a scooter from Scootaround.  My husband has back/hip issues and we are sailing in 30 days (WOO HOO!) and will be renting one.  They deliver to your stateroom.  I bet you can have Mom take the scooter off the ship.  We are going to Bermuda, but will be on your Mom's itinerary in January, so if issues haven't resolved will rent one there too.  We are paying $245.00 for 5 nights. They are very helpful. Hope this helps!

https://www.scootaround.com/mobility-rentals/cruise

1 hour ago, Boston Babe said:

@Lindsay You can rent a scooter from Scootaround.  My husband has back/hip issues and we are sailing in 30 days (WOO HOO!) and will be renting one.  They deliver to your stateroom.  I bet you can have Mom take the scooter off the ship.  We are going to Bermuda, but will be on your Mom's itinerary in January, so if issues haven't resolved will rent one there too.  We are paying $245.00 for 5 nights. They are very helpful. Hope this helps!

https://www.scootaround.com/mobility-rentals/cruise

Thanks for the info!  And I am SO SUPER JEALOUS that you are sailing in 30 days!!!!!!

Costa Maya has some kind of trolley,  don't know much about it but have seen it. Also, don't remember seeing it first thing in the morning.  I don't remember Roatan having too long of a pier unless you are walking around the shops.  Maybe check with guest services when you get on board to see if they can arrange something.

16 hours ago, Boston Babe said:

Hey you!! Didn't you just come back from one? or am I dreaming? Don't be jealous, this is a short one, 5 nights to Bermuda but it is SOOOO necessary! Say a silent prayer it's smooth sailing as it's hubby's first!:9_innocent:  

I wish I just come back from one!  No, my family went mid-March on the Oasis.  We had to cancel because I was laid off last year. 

Prayers for smooth sailing!  I've never been to Bermuda, would love to go someday.