Nachi Cocum Snorkeling

rjac

I know they offer a snorkeling "excursion" at Nachi, but, If I just want to go snorkeling by myself (without paying the excursion fee) is there an area for that and is that area good for snorkeling? Is there a reef/structure that's holds marine life to observe? Thanks! :27_sunglasses:

@rjac, click on the link below, there is a reef out there but I think it would be a pretty good swim from the beach, there is a dock right there so there might be something around it. I assume since the reef is so far that is why they can get away with selling the excursion. I have not been, but there was a couple behind me on the beach last year that signed up, don't remember the price, but it seemed reasonable and negotiable...

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Nachi+Cocom+Cozumel+Beach+Club+%26+Water+Sport+Center/@20.3845991,-87.0251042,1132m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x8f4e53ccb8bd7c95:0xb4325f28bbaee4eb!8m2!3d20.384789!4d-87.021742?hl=en

2 hours ago, Pooch said:

negotiable?

Yes, negotiable, this is not through the ship, this is through Nachi Cocum, the family that was behind me, started at one price, by the time they got finished negotiating it was down about half price, this was after several walk away and saying no I'm not interested, the worker would leave and come back with a better price. 

9 hours ago, mom2mybugs said:

We will be there in two weeks.  I will try and notice what is there... though im not really a snorkler!  Jane

Me too, March 30th! You can't miss me, I'll be wearing a Royal Caribbean visor, sun glasses, t shirt and flip flops! :3_grin:

2 hours ago, Pooch said:

So you all recommend this beach club?  Hubby, adult daughter & I will be in Cozumel 10/30 and I am struggling to come up with a plan.  Originally wanted to do the caverns in Playa del Carmen but....  

There is another beach club on Cozumel, http://www.mrsanchos.com/. From what I have read on some of the posts here, Mr. Sanchos is a lot more lively and louder than Nachi, which is quieter and more laid back. Going to the attractions at Playa del Carmen will take a couple of hours of travel time which includes a ferry ride both ways. 

I'm sure someone who has been to Mr. Sanchos will chime in here with their comments. :27_sunglasses: