Royal Caribbean smartphone (android) app

rjac

Not all features like texting have been enabled yet.  I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I'm betting it won't be by March.  

My prediction is that Symphony will see most of the new features first, then more ships will receive them.  Pure speculation on my part.

I'm cautiously optimistic that feature will be free like they stated.  Of course at one time internet was going to be free on Majesty.

"Voom, the fastest internet at sea, will be available free and unlimited exclusively for guests on Majesty of the Seas to stay connected, brag about their vacation to friends and family, stream their favorite movies and music, and enjoy popular online video gaming.  New features to be introduced on Majesty of the Seas include thrilling waterslides  for guests of all ages".

“Our short itineraries have been very popular offering vacationers the perfect opportunity to sample the unmatched experience of a Royal Caribbean cruise, as well as providing a quick adventurous getaway,” said Michael Bayley, president & CEO, Royal Caribbean International. “With these exciting new features as well as unprecedented fast and free unlimited internet for guests on Majesty of the Seas, we are stepping up our game and offering a phenomenal short cruise adventure for our guests.”

http://www.crew-center.com/fast-free-internet-and-exciting-new-features-royal-caribbeans-majesty-seas

You can download the app now and test it for an Allure cruise within the next 3 weeks.  The experience onboard right now isn't much different.

4 hours ago, accio7 said:

Really surprised that the new app hasn't been rolled out to Harmony, one of Royal's newer ships. How is the Royal IQ app in general? I'm planning to use it for my Harmony cruise. 

I was too, but RC told me no sense in rolling out a new app to ships that already have Royal iQ when there are other ships without any app.  So ships that have Royal iQ are low on the priority totem pole.

7 hours ago, accio7 said:

How is the Royal IQ app in general? I'm planning to use it for my Harmony cruise. 

It's just okay.  A little buggy at times.  On Anthem I had experiences ranging from sort of worked to it just didn't work at all. 

I made changes to MTD dinner reservations a week before sailing and none of those changes were present in RoyalIQ, it had all my old times.  I could cancel a dinner reservation in RoyalIQ but could not make a new reservation to replace it.  At times it just wouldn't do anything.  Let's just say its pretty obvious why they started building a new app for the fleet.   

5a8dfadf73d50_RoyalIQ-Fail-1.thumb.jpg.52c3f41c78e6375af643f8e68d5b9224.jpg