delux drink package amongst other things

tineey

Okay, so I booked a cruise (yay!!) that doesn't leave until July (boo!!!).  My sister and I are taking my mom on a cruise (as a complete surprise) for her 60th birthday!   Ugh, and I want to leave tomorrow!  I have only been on one other cruise (Carnival back in October) but I am hooked.  Already knee deep in hotel and transportation research etc.  We will be getting the delux drink package for all of us, and I see that it is on sale!  BONUS!!!  So my question is... and I thought I saw this mentioned elsewhere... if I purchase it today and it happens to go on sale for even cheaper between now and cruise time, I thought I saw that you can drop it and read it at the new price.  Is there any truth to that?  And do I have to actually pay for it now, or when is the payment for that due?

Thanks in advance!  :1_grinning:

Welcome to the message boards!

Anything you book in the cruise planner has to be paid immediately.  Up to approximately four days before sailing you can cancel anything booked in the cruise planner for a full refund.   At least that is how it has worked up to this point.  I often purchase Voom, excursions or drink packages then when they go on sale I refund them and repurchase.  I do this often. 

For example I've done the zip line at Labadee on three different cruises.  Each time I bought it, then when it went on sale I refunded it and bought it on sale at 20% off.  Last sale event (before this weekend's sale) I had bought Voom for the Royal Caribbean Blog Alaska Group Cruise in June but that sale dropped the price so I refunded it and repurchased at the cheaper price. 

In the the cruise planner at the very top is "Order History".  You'll find any purchases you've made there and can cancel them right from there.  You can call and do it over the phone too.

Like many things in life prices do tend to move upward over time so buying when you see it at an affordable price for your budget is smart.  If it goes down, refund and repurchase, if it goes up you've got the best deal locked in. If you simply change your mind, refund it.  

On 2/3/2018 at 5:42 PM, tineey said:

if I purchase it today and it happens to go on sale for even cheaper between now and cruise time, I thought I saw that you can drop it and read it at the new price.  Is there any truth to that? 

Yes you can.  You can very easily cancel and rebook if the price drops to take advantage of a price change. Here are step by step directions: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2016/10/29/how-cancel-and-rebook-pre-cruise-purchases-royal-caribbeans-cruise-planner

On 2/3/2018 at 5:42 PM, tineey said:

And do I have to actually pay for it now, or when is the payment for that due?

Yes, all purchases made via the Cruise Planner are due at the time of purchase.