Yoga classes on-board

JLMoran

Has anyone here done the on-board yoga classes the gym offers? I took a look at the class listing sheet that @twangster posted in the other thread about the unlimited classes offering on Cruise Planner, but the only thing it says there for all of the offered classes is the name, "Pathway to Yoga"; no indication if it's a beginner class or what to really expect.

Are they targeted to rank beginners? Can participants wear shoes instead of being barefoot? I'd be curious to get a sample of what yoga classes are like but with my uneven leg lengths I absolutely have to wear my sneakers at all times, and I'm betting there will be at least a few postures that would be... highly challenging.

Not a high priority, by any means. I can always look for a yoga class here at home after the trip, and specifically find someone who can properly cater to my limitations. But I thought it might be a fun way to spend an hour one day on a sea day.

On a side note -- is it a class my 17-year old daughter could take? She's been into yoga for a while now, but given my earlier post about how they have "teen" offerings that are still requiring at least age 18, I'm dubious about whether the instructor would allow her to join.

12 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

Has anyone here done the on-board yoga classes the gym offers? I took a look at the class listing sheet that @twangster posted in the other thread about the unlimited classes offering on Cruise Planner, but the only thing it says there for all of the offered classes is the name, "Pathway to Yoga"; no indication if it's a beginner class or what to really expect.

Are they targeted to rank beginners? Can participants wear shoes instead of being barefoot? I'd be curious to get a sample of what yoga classes are like but with my uneven leg lengths I absolutely have to wear my sneakers at all times, and I'm betting there will be at least a few postures that would be... highly challenging.

Not a high priority, by any means. I can always look for a yoga class here at home after the trip, and specifically find someone who can properly cater to my limitations. But I thought it might be a fun way to spend an hour one day on a sea day.

On a side note -- is it a class my 17-year old daughter could take? She's been into yoga for a while now, but given my earlier post about how they have "teen" offerings that are still requiring at least age 18, I'm dubious about whether the instructor would allow her to join.

I asked the spa here on board Anthem.  Ages 13-17 require a legal guardian or parent to sign a waiver for anything in the gym.  I then asked specifically about Yoga.  Minimum age 13.  I then asked about a massage.  Minimum age 13.

Caveat - this is Anthem.  Other ships could have different policies.  YMMV.