CoCo Cay Private Cabana

HollieH

Our first ever cabana was in Coco Cay and it ruined me.  I now feel I MUST have a cabana if I'm on Labadee or Coco Cay.  Maybe that's why I didn't get off the ship the last time I was at Labadee !!  LOL

I was disappointed when I found that the cabanas at Labadee do not include a bottle of champagne.  I thought the bottle of champagne they gave us on Coco Cay was wonderful and I missed it at Labadee.  Since I am not much of a beach person anyway, I liked the suites/cabana area at Coco Cay even though it's away from the swimming area.  It was entirely too cool to swim when we were there (IMO) and being set off from the beach didn't bother me one little bit.  I also liked the more intimate setting for the suites area in Coco Cay.  It's much smaller than at Labadee and the buffet and bar were much more accessible as were the bathrooms.

Are the cabanas worth the money ?  That's always a difficult question to answer for someone else.  I think the price for the over-the-water cabanas at Labadee are too high.  I will not pay for one of those again, however, I do think the cost of the beach cabanas on Labadee is reasonable.  I don't even know what they are charging for a cabana at Coco Cay these days !  I don't think they have any over-the-water ones (I don't recall any) so they are probably much more reasonable than some on Labadee.

I love being able to relax in a comfortable space where there is a couch and a lounger.  As my father used to say, "the beach would be fine if it weren't for the sand, the sun and the water".  I guess that's where I get it.

I agree with @WAAAYTOOO.  I love the cabanas at Labadee and Coco Cay.  I like to read (and don't really like to sit in the sun), so the shade is a huge plus for me.  I don't remember how much we paid at Coco Cay for the cabana, but I'm sure it was cheaper than the Labadee cabanas.  IMO the cabana is totally worth it.  With that said, we did rent the "beach lounger for two" on our last visit to Labadee, and loved that too.  It was a HUGE cost reduction to the cabanas there.  Not sure if they offer those on Coco Cay.

10 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Are the cabanas worth the money ?  That's always a difficult question to answer for someone else.  I think the price for the over-the-water cabanas at Labadee are too high.  I will not pay for one of those again

@WAAAYTOOO, those can be had for a serious discount if you catch them as soon as they're offered (and maybe with a little bit of luck). I reserved one for our upcoming trip back in February of last year, not long after they first showed up in the Cruise Planner along with all the other excursions. That was over a year before sail date. I think when they had just come out the price was $395. But this particular time when I checked, the price had dropped to $255.75.

I was stunned when I saw it that low after reading Matt's article about the Labadee cabanas and how much the over-the-water units cost. I had already decided to make a cabana my personal "splurge" for this trip, but i figured it would be a regular beach cabana. When I saw that price, I went to my wife, showed the price versus what it normally costs, she agreed I should snag it right away, and the rest is history.

Every "sale" since then has seen their price steadily increase. First back to the initial $395 I'd seen, but then even higher. Current rate when I just checked today is $470! No way I'd get one at that rate, but the initial price was far too good to resist. I'm wondering if the cabanas are priced much like cruise cabins -- lowest on first offer when the full inventory is available, then steadily higher as the inventory dries up.

20 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

@WAAAYTOOO, those can be had for a serious discount if you catch them as soon as they're offered (and maybe with a little bit of luck). I reserved one for our upcoming trip back in February of last year, not long after they first showed up in the Cruise Planner along with all the other excursions. That was over a year before sail date. I think when they had just come out the price was $395. But this particular time when I checked, the price had dropped to $255.75.

WOOHOO !!!