Extra tips

mickjacket

6 hours ago, mickjacket said:

We like to tip our Stewart extra. How do you guys like to do it? A few bucks everyday or a lump sum at the end?

Usually , I will give some cache at day 7 so I can give the extra tip base on the service I got.

I know that some people recommended to give it in the beginning of the cruise to assure good service but I do not think you need to bribe someone for good service , it is something which expected from him/her and part of the job.  I even heard some cabin attended are offended if you give a tip in the beginning 

1 hour ago, Traveler said:

Usually , I will give some cache at day 7 so I can give the extra tip base on the service I got.

I know that some people recommended to give it in the beginning of the cruise to assure good service but I do not think you need to bribe someone for good service , it is something which expected from him/her and part of the job.  I even heard some cabin attended are offended if you give a tip in the beginning 

Its funny you should mention giving at the beginning of the cruise, I did that once on the Allure.  Got the worse service I've ever received.  It was so bad I didn't even get my luggage tags for departure.  I called and was told they would have them to me before midnight, never got them.  That started the carry off for my wife and myself.  So, I don't give anything up front anymore.

2 hours ago, Traveler said:

We have always tipped extra at the end of a cruise and like @Traveler said it varies based on the level of service we feel we received.  And sometimes we have received service that defines that "Wow" factor and sometimes not so much.  Anyway, my parents always do the opposite when they cruise and I would always give them a hard time about it because it does seem like a "bribe" to me.  Recently, we all cruised together as one big family and my dad tipped the dining staff 3 times.  Once one day 1, once in the middle, and on the last day.  Service was excellent.  They (head waiter, waiter, assistant waiter) were extremely attentive.  Now would they have been regardless, I don't know....