Caribbean Cruises

mworkman

I think 9 is an awkward length.  It requires a 9/5 cycle to sync opposed to 8/6 which I imagine is easier to sell.   Six is just one less than 7 so virtually the same in some guest's eye while 8 is one more than 7 and can be pulled off for guests consuming just one week of PTO.  Five days from FL has limited port options.   Six days can go just that much further to make itineraries more attractive.  

They know very well what works (and sells) so I'm betting it's to maximize sales.  

Everything has a cycle to it, and I think what you're seeing is just what they have come up with this year. Every year they tweak deployments for a variety of reasons.

3 hours ago, twangster said:

I think 9 is an awkward length.  It requires a 9/5 cycle to sync opposed to 8/6 which I imagine is easier to sell.   Six is just one less than 7 so virtually the same in some guest's eye while 8 is one more than 7 and can be pulled off for guests consuming just one week of PTO.  Five days from FL has limited port options.   Six days can go just that much further to make itineraries more attractive.  

They know very well what works (and sells) so I'm betting it's to maximize sales.  

Totally agree