Drink availability and ice cream

We are cruising this June on Jewel of the Seas to Alaska. It will be our first Royal cruise.

Are the free drinks, such as tea, coffee, and water available all the time, or just at meal times?

Also, and more importantly, what ice cream is available? I know there is Ben & Jerry's, but is there anything included? I eat my share of soft serve when I cruise DCL.

Free drinks that you mentioned are an option all the time in a variety of locations.

Ice Cream (or the equivalent) is usually available during the day from the soft serve machines and at dinner in the dining room. The machines are a bit different in each ship being either on the pool deck or inside the windjammer.

For sure a great part of every sailing for me as I can't often resist a cone when passing by!

Tea, Coffee, Water are available throughout the day.

Lemonade, Iced Tea, Flavored water seem to vary by ship. On at least one of our cruises they were available at Sorrentos (I think that was Navigator or Liberty) and on another they were available at the Promenade Café (Thinking Liberty or Freedom), but most recently on Indy there was only water, coffee and tea available at both locations so it might be a policy change or a ship by ship thing. They were available in Windjammer when Windjammer was open though.

Ice cream machine also has "hours" so sometimes it may not be available when you want one.

On the Jewel, the soft serve was available most of the day in the rear of the Windjammer, which closed nightly at 9 pm. However, there was a beverage station available even after closing time. Remember that room service is another option especially for coffee and tea by the pot. I can't remember if ice cream was available or not, but there were other dessert options available.

Remember that room service is another option especially for coffee and tea by the pot. I can't remember if ice cream was available or not, but there were other dessert options available.

I believe there's always ice cream but flavors may vary.

On the Jewel, the soft serve was available most of the day in the rear of the Windjammer, which closed nightly at 9 pm. However, there was a beverage station available even after closing time. Remember that room service is another option especially for coffee and tea by the pot. I can't remember if ice cream was available or not, but there were other dessert options available.

I can't speak to Jewel specifically, but generally speaking on most ships we've been on there were 1-2 soft serve ice cream machines in the area between the Windjammer and the pool area.  They were on the opposite side of where the "smoking area" is (over on the starboard side).  I know they were available during the daytime, but they may have been closed up at nighttime - I don't remember.