Self disembark question

Traveler

Hi , 

Going to to a 5 day cruise (Indi) next week . 

Since we have a late flight (from Miami)  we are planning to take a rental car from the airport as a mean of cheap airport transport and also to visit another place or 2.

As I gave the flight time to RC I guess I might be assigned to one of the late disembark  numbers which I want to avoid so I thought about the self disembark.

My question is do I need to leave the ship at the assign self disembark time (which is very early and before the start with calling the tag numbers)  or I can leave anytime I want until 10 am ? .

I am asking since I do not want to wake up so early but rather go off the ship between 8 to 9 am , pass the customs and catch the ride to the airport car rental location. 

12 minutes ago, Traveler said:

My question is do I need to leave the ship at the assign self disembark time (which is very early and before the start with calling the tag numbers)  or I can leave anytime I want until 10 am ? .

With self-disembarkation, you can leave anytime you want once the ship has been cleared.

4 hours ago, DocLC said:

Note that they'll leave the approximate time each number will be called. If you'd rather not handle your own luggage, you can always go to Guest Services and request another number. 

Also you can pay $25 per person and the luggage will be taken from your room right to the plane. You will only need to lug your carry on with you. They bring your the tags for your luggage AND your boarding pass. For $50 my wife an I loved the convenience.

16 minutes ago, Goofyfanatic said:

Also you can pay $25 per person and the luggage will be taken from your room right to the plane. You will only need to lug your carry on with you. They bring your the tags for your luggage AND your boarding pass. For $50 my wife an I loved the convenience.

I love this option and I used it in the past.

This time I will not be able to use it as I have an intentional flight with airline that dose not part of  this program :-(

Hi, As an aside, I originally had an Alamo car hire to pick up from Fort Lauderdale airport but have since realised Alamo also have a Port Everglades depot and have switched for that.  Aparently Alamo will pick up from your ship and take you the 1 mile to the Port Everglades office but won't take you to the airport office.  Just something to bear in mind if using Alamo and possibly any other rental company

14 hours ago, steveb said:

Hi, As an aside, I originally had an Alamo car hire to pick up from Fort Lauderdale airport but have since realised Alamo also have a Port Everglades depot and have switched for that.  Aparently Alamo will pick up from your ship and take you the 1 mile to the Port Everglades office but won't take you to the airport office.  Just something to bear in mind if using Alamo and possibly any other rental company

Good idea , I will check the rates comparing to the Avis reservation I have now from the airport (I am getting good rates from their president club program) for sure it can save the cost of taking the shuttle/Taxi to the airport.

Thanks,

17 hours ago, Goofyfanatic said:

Ohhhh. That stinks. Enjoy the trip.

Thanks, 

I guess I will check if we have only the suitcase we are coming with (which are easy to mobilized) or one of us will do allot of pre cruise shopping  which will require to open one or two extra duffel bags :5_smiley: 

On 12/4/2017 at 2:36 PM, Goofyfanatic said:

For this fee, do you have to retrieve your bags in FLL and go through airline check in, or do the bags get put right on the plane and you don't see the bags again until you get off your plane?

3 hours ago, Loriann said:

For this fee, do you have to retrieve your bags in FLL and go through airline check in, or do the bags get put right on the plane and you don't see the bags again until you get off your plane?

Yes, when you put them outside your cabin the night before, you never see them again until you get to your final destination airport.