Anthem- Puerto Rico, St. Thomas, Barbados, St. Kitts, Antigua, & Martinque

SammiB

I am looking for some recommendations for things to do on these islands?!?!

We are a young couple in our 20s, and are quite satisfied with just sight-seeing. Some adventurous activity recommendations would be appreciated! I've looked at all the shore excursions listed online, and I was hoping there was more?

We climbed the volcano in St. Kitts last year-- it was amazing! but would like to do something different

Is there a better beach than Jolly Beach in Antigua? We had an amazing time there and planning to go back.

We've done the Bacardi tour in Puerto Rico- would recommend, but looking for something different???

THANK YOU!!!! :)

On 11/17/2017 at 10:02 AM, SammiB said:

I am looking for some recommendations for things to do on these islands?!?!

We are a young couple in our 20s, and are quite satisfied with just sight-seeing. Some adventurous activity recommendations would be appreciated! I've looked at all the shore excursions listed online, and I was hoping there was more?

We climbed the volcano in St. Kitts last year-- it was amazing! but would like to do something different

Is there a better beach than Jolly Beach in Antigua? We had an amazing time there and planning to go back.

We've done the Bacardi tour in Puerto Rico- would recommend, but looking for something different???

THANK YOU!!!! :)

To me, San Juan starts with a walking tour of Old San Juan.  You can do it on your own, and there is a ton of history there.  Again, to me, the best way to start that tour is to walk around the south side of the wall and enter through the original city gate.  From the gate, it's straight up the hill two blocks to the San Juan Cathedral and the tomb of Ponce De Leon.  The church is open all day.  You can just walk in so long as you do so respectfully.  Once you leave there turn right and head up the hill to an incredible 16th century old fort (El Morro).  A romantic thing for couples to do is to fly a kite on the grounds of El Morro.  Have lunch.  Ice Cream at Ben and Jerry's.  Shopping.  It's all there.

I completely second that!!! You don't need any excursion in San Juan, it is a lovely, lovely city (at least it was before the hurricanes?) and more beautiful than any other place in the US. it's old, like REAL old, and totally reminded me of Europe! We actually stayed there for three nights after our cruise last year. It's gorgeous, friendly, has tons of good food and drink and you can easily uber to the beaches. I'd recommend doing that to anyone!!

For Antigua, I recommend Turners Beach - quite possible the best beach we've ever been to. Just stunning!!

And for St Kitts I HIGHLY recommend Thenford Grey Island Tour. Again, def. one of the best tours we've ever done, quite possibly THE best!!

Enjoy this itinerary - we just got back from a much less thrilling one that took us to FLorida and the Bahamas. 

• 2 months later...
On 11/19/2017 at 1:16 PM, RCVoyager said:

To me, San Juan starts with a walking tour of Old San Juan.  You can do it on your own, and there is a ton of history there.  Again, to me, the best way to start that tour is to walk around the south side of the wall and enter through the original city gate.  From the gate, it's straight up the hill two blocks to the San Juan Cathedral and the tomb of Ponce De Leon.  The church is open all day.  You can just walk in so long as you do so respectfully.  Once you leave there turn right and head up the hill to an incredible 16th century old fort (El Morro).  A romantic thing for couples to do is to fly a kite on the grounds of El Morro.  Have lunch.  Ice Cream at Ben and Jerry's.  Shopping.  It's all there.

Thanks for the specific tips! Saving this!