Camera Knife

dronetech4

I am going on a cruise in a few weeks and I am interested in filming a lot of it.  I have a few small sports cameras (GoPro) and I need to have several tools with me in order to secure the mounts.  I have a gerber multi tool (Click Here To View Knife) That has the perfect size screwdrivers and I use it a lot for anything and I can not find another tool that is this compact.  I have read posts on knives and none of them answer the question: Can I bring a knife on the cruise ship (Adventure of the Seas) and if I can where do I keep it when boarding the ship (carry-on, luggage etc...).  During my trip we are stopping 5-6 times and I would need to take it off the ship and bring it back on in order to use with my equipment.    Any input would be greatly appreciated.

-Collin

3 minutes ago, Collin Koldoff said:

I am going on a cruise in a few weeks and I am interested in filming a lot of it.  I have a few small sports cameras (GoPro) and I need to have several tools with me in order to secure the mounts.  I have a gerber multi tool (Click Here To View Knife) That has the perfect size screwdrivers and I use it a lot for anything and I can not find another tool that is this compact.  I have read posts on knives and none of them answer the question: Can I bring a knife on the cruise ship (Adventure of the Seas) and if I can where do I keep it when boarding the ship (carry-on, luggage etc...).  During my trip we are stopping 5-6 times and I would need to take it off the ship and bring it back on in order to use with my equipment.    Any input would be greatly appreciated.

-Collin

Collin,

Years ago when I was heavy into underwater photography, I brought a standard screw driver and adjustable wrench to use assembling my photo rig, underwater housing, strobes, etc. I had those in my carry on bag which they took at the boarding security point. I explained what they were for, no luck, you can pick them up when you leave the ship. I tried that and they were no where to be found. I have brought a dive knife with me on several cruises. I put it in my checked bag, no problem. You might try that with  your gerber. However, getting off/on the ship 5-6 times might be a problem. Is there any multi tool you can use that does not have a knife?

Welcome aboard!:27_sunglasses:

Just now, Collin Koldoff said:

The knife blade is less then 2 1/2 inches

That 4 inch rule is for scissors.  I know I've seen Swiss Army Knives and the like confiscated.

You can roll the dice on if they catch it or not, but I'd be prepared to hand it over if they do.