Celebrity Revolution refurbishment plan

JLMoran

Not sure how many here follow @monorailmedic's blog Cruise Habit, but he recently put up a post discussing a fleet-wide refurbishment for Celebrity that will start in 2019 and is planned to wrap up by 2023. This sounded pretty impressive to me, especially as they indicated that on at least some ships they were going to not just refresh the decor of the cabins, but totally tear out a bunch and replace them with new designs and architecture. Plus changes to common spaces, a new sundeck and lounge, and more!

The timing is really interesting for me, as I'm looking at a 2020 booking and was seriously considering a few itineraries on the Eclipse. If that ship has its refurbishment towards the start of the cycle, I could have an even nicer experience than I was already looking at!

Edited by JLMoran
Corrected the blog name and also made it a link

On 10/12/2017 at 10:53 AM, JLMoran said:

Not sure how many here follow @monorailmedic's blog Cruise Habit, but he recently put up a post discussing a fleet-wide refurbishment for Celebrity that will start in 2019 and is planned to wrap up by 2023. This sounded pretty impressive to me, especially as they indicated that on at least some ships they were going to not just refresh the decor of the cabins, but totally tear out a bunch and replace them with new designs and architecture. Plus changes to common spaces, a new sundeck and lounge, and more!

The timing is really interesting for me, as I'm looking at a 2020 booking and was seriously considering a few itineraries on the Eclipse. If that ship has its refurbishment towards the start of the cycle, I could have an even nicer experience than I was already looking at!

By 2023 I will have my youngest in college and we might be trying celebrity.   This looks interesting for sure!   Jane

1 hour ago, Boston Babe said:

Very Interesting.  I'm on the Equinox in January 2019 and April 2019, so I'm hoping she isn't one of them starting first! (although I would like a refreshed ship!) Am hoping to get on the Edge later that year, but she's brand new so I should be good. Thank you for the update!!

Get that Edge sailing booked, the prices keep climbing.  You may want to put in your travel-agent's ear the idea of putting a deposit down the moment new Edge itineraries drop.  To give you an idea prices have already doubled on the first Edge sailings.

12 minutes ago, monorailmedic said:

Get that Edge sailing booked, the prices keep climbing.  You may want to put in your travel-agent's ear the idea of putting a deposit down the moment new Edge itineraries drop.  To give you an idea prices have already doubled on the first Edge sailings.

@monorailmedic, I saw the prices for the Eastern and Western cruises for beginning of 2019.  It may be too costly by the time the new deployment comes out, I agree with you,  although I looked at RC Symphony too and it's very expensive ( I have booked suites in the past, they are too expensive on that one too). I got such a great deal on the Equinox, couldn't pass it up! I also heard rumors they want to put the Edge based in Australia too so all this may be a moot point! LOL!!

@monorailmedic, I saw the prices for the Eastern and Western cruises for beginning of 2019.  It may be too costly by the time the new deployment comes out, I agree with you,  although I looked at RC Symphony too and it's very expensive ( I have booked suites in the past, they are too expensive on that one too). I got such a great deal on the Equinox, couldn't pass it up! I also heard rumors they want to put the Edge based in Australia too so all this may be a moot point! LOL!!

It's all about striking when hot.  My Feb Equinox sailing was similar in cost to my Edge sailing (in an Edge Verandah Room!)...but only on the first day :-)

Many lines will continue to move new tonnage to AU and Asia, that market is blowing up, so while I've not hear anything, it wouldn't be surprising.  For a few reasons I'd imagine them keeping Edge in N America and then moving her to AU when Beyond comes out (or sending Beyond there).  

12 minutes ago, monorailmedic said:

Many lines will continue to move new tonnage to AU and Asia, that market is blowing up, so while I've not hear anything, it wouldn't be surprising.  For a few reasons I'd imagine them keeping Edge in N America and then moving her to AU when Beyond comes out (or sending Beyond there).  

Ok, now my curiosity is peeked!!! Beyond will be another new Celebrity ship? I had not heard that one! So you're sailing this February on Equinox? Would love to hear how you like her, and you must be so excited to be on the Edge! CANT WAIT to hear about that. When are you sailing on the Edge?  I was very lucky with both sailings on Equinox, Booked Sky Suite on both, got the 4 offers they were offering, internet for 2, Gratuities, Premium Drink package $300 OBC etc, so I had to jump on it.  How exciting is that you are on the Edge!!

Ok, now my curiosity is peeked!!! Beyond will be another new Celebrity ship? I had not heard that one! So you're sailing this February on Equinox? Would love to hear how you like her, and you must be so excited to be on the Edge! CANT WAIT to hear about that. When are you sailing on the Edge?  I was very lucky with both sailings on Equinox, Booked Sky Suite on both, got the 4 offers they were offering, internet for 2, Gratuities, Premium Drink package $300 OBC etc, so I had to jump on it.  How exciting is that you are on the Edge!!

They've commited to 4 Edge class ships.  Edge & Beyond have been named - no word on the others yet.

When you book ahead and take advantage of the "Go Best" option (assuming you'd have purchased a beverage package and internet anyway) Celebrity offers incredible price points.

I'll be doing a daily blog of each of those sailings (as well as my HAL sailing next month).  My Edge sailing is Jan 13.  454 looong days away.

16 minutes ago, monorailmedic said:

2018 or 2019?  In the top message you'd said Equinox in 2019.  I'm sailing in a few months.

Sorry, I got confused!! The Edge is coming in December this year, was thinking 2019!  So now I'm really excited to hear all about it! Wish i was sailing in a few months! LOL

5 hours ago, monorailmedic said:

2018 or 2019?  In the top message you'd said Equinox in 2019.  I'm sailing in a few month

Just saw on Cruise Critic, Celebrity announced the Edge will be based in Barcelona and Rome in summer on 2019 and fall 2019 Western and Eastern Mediterranean cruises, no word after 2019. Just an FYI! There goes my plan for the Fall! Not going over there at this time. 

2 hours ago, Boston Babe said:

Just saw on Cruise Critic, Celebrity announced the Edge will be based in Barcelona and Rome in summer on 2019 and fall 2019 Western and Eastern Mediterranean cruises, no word after 2019. Just an FYI! There goes my plan for the Fall! Not going over there at this time. 

Yeah, saw this.  May write it up in a bit.  Not too shocking as they've been doing well in Europe and Edge has got some great press.  Again, 4 Edge class ships at least - so we'll have plenty of time here.  Now, to warm up a CC for Europe ;-)