Best balcony hammock?

Ok…I’ve never actually had 3 cruises booked at the same time, so I’m in planning paradise (and back to the boards after a year and a half cruise break!).  We have booked an amazing cruise for my youngest’s college graduation…cabin 7388 on voyager of the seas going to Italy and Croatia in June 2025.  The deck is a corner sunset aft and it is huge!  The room, however, is pretty tiny for 3 people  and I snore!  I’m thinking it might be fun to try and put up a hammock on the deck.  Does anyone have a good one they like and are they hard to put up?  Jane

17 hours ago, mom2mybugs said:

Ok…I’ve never actually had 3 cruises booked at the same time, so I’m in planning paradise (and back to the boards after a year and a half cruise break!).  We have booked an amazing cruise for my youngest’s college graduation…cabin 7738 on voyager of the seas going to Italy and Croatia in June 2025.  The deck is a corner sunset aft and it is huge!  The room, however, is pretty tiny for 3 people  and I snore!  I’m thinking it might be fun to try and put up a hammock on the deck.  Does anyone have a good one they like and are they hard to put up?  Jane

I can't comment on the hammock but if you have 7688 or 7388 you will never want to leave that balcony.  We try to book these on the ships that have them whenever possible.  You will have two full loungers.  I'm sure you already know, but the third bed is a pullman which isn't ideal, but like your idea of a hammock, the option to get some extra blankets and a pillow and enjoy the loungers at night is there.  Enjoy!

On 4/14/2024 at 12:45 PM, recogneyes said:

I can't comment on the hammock but if you have 7688 or 7388 you will never want to leave that balcony.  We try to book these on the ships that have them whenever possible.  You will have two full loungers.  I'm sure you already know, but the third bed is a pullman which isn't ideal, but like your idea of a hammock, the option to get some extra blankets and a pillow and enjoy the loungers at night is there.  Enjoy!

I am beyond excited to have the balcony!  Yes, I know about the Pullman because I’m the one who will have to climb into it!  Ugh!   Wonder if the loungers would be comfy!?  Jane

4 hours ago, mom2mybugs said:

I am beyond excited to have the balcony!  Yes, I know about the Pullman because I’m the one who will have to climb into it!  Ugh!   Wonder if the loungers would be comfy!?  Jane

My husband can attest that they are lol.  Your cabin attendant can bring you an extra comforter so get what you need to make it an option.  You will not even believe how much space you have out there.  It's amazing.

On 4/14/2024 at 1:45 PM, recogneyes said:

On 4/13/2024 at 8:21 PM, mom2mybugs said:

Ok…I’ve never actually had 3 cruises booked at the same time, so I’m in planning paradise (and back to the boards after a year and a half cruise break!).  We have booked an amazing cruise for my youngest’s college graduation…cabin 7738 on voyager of the seas going to Italy and Croatia in June 2025.  The deck is a corner sunset aft and it is huge!  The room, however, is pretty tiny for 3 people  and I snore!  I’m thinking it might be fun to try and put up a hammock on the deck.  Does anyone have a good one they like and are they hard to put up?  Jane

Not sure WHAT kind it is, but here is video of 7388 WITH a hammock hanging on the balcony... https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/ships/slideshow-cabin-members.php?ship=Voyager-of-the-Seas&cabin=7388

21 hours ago, recogneyes said:

My husband can attest that they are lol.  Your cabin attendant can bring you an extra comforter so get what you need to make it an option.  You will not even believe how much space you have out there.  It's amazing.

Oh perfect!   I’m sooooo excited for that balcony!  Jane

20 hours ago, ScottD said:

Not sure WHAT kind it is, but here is video of 7388 WITH a hammock hanging on the balcony... https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/ships/slideshow-cabin-members.php?ship=Voyager-of-the-Seas&cabin=7388

Yeah I saw the video and that's what gave me the idea!  Will probably watch that video over and over just to enjoy the balcony!  Jane