Bringing non-alcoholic beverages onboard

Here is what RC says

Guests may also bring non-alcoholic beverages as carry-on items on boarding day. Non-alcoholic beverages may not exceed 12 standard (17 oz.) cans, bottles or cartons per stateroom. Milk and distilled water brought on for infant, medical, or dietary use are permitted. 

Ok my question is can you bring on 1 bottle of wine and 12 170z sodas also or is it one or the other? 

We are on Liberty for the best 3 cruises and the soda package is not worth it to us without the freestyle machines. We are gonna bring on soda for our son. Can you bring on both a bottle of win each and soda is our question or is it one or the other? 

Now we are Diamond so the 4 drinks a day are good enough but still curious about this question. 

3 minutes ago, Rackham said:

And it's one 750mL bottle of wine per adult, aged 21 or older, unlike the soft drinks which is per stateroom.

Yeah, I actually think that is pretty fair and it's not like me to say that about Royal Caribbean. 🤣 I mean I love them but they make most decisions based on money. This is pretty fair. 

Just now, Debstr66 said:

Are the drinks required to be carry on or is it ok to put a 12 pk of non-alcoholic beverages in your suitcase to be delivered to the cabin? 

The policy used to be you could pack them in your suitcase but I believe you have you carry them on now. I'm pretty sure that's the deal now. 

1 minute ago, RCIfan1912 said:

The policy used to be you could pack them in your suitcase but I believe you have you carry them on now. I'm pretty sure that's the deal now. 

Ok, looking for rules of the road before we cruise on Liberty in 11 days. I've never brought drinks onboard, but I'm tired of not being able to find sugar free sports drinks onboard... No freestyle machines on Liberty. 

1 minute ago, Debstr66 said:

Ok, looking for rules of the road before we cruise on Liberty in 11 days. I've never brought drinks onboard, but I'm tired of not being able to find sugar free sports drinks onboard... No freestyle machines on Liberty. 

Yup, without the freestyle machines to me there is no point to the soda package so we are bringing soda for the kids. Never did that before but kinda forced to. 

19 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Unless there's a specific brand that is only offered in the Freestyle machines, you can get soda at any bar.

We tried that last year on Liberty and it's very combersom and the bar tenders don't want to deal with soda stuff. Felt like we were a burden. That's just the vibe we got. 

27 minutes ago, RCIfan1912 said:

We tried that last year on Liberty and it's very combersom and the bar tenders don't want to deal with soda stuff. Felt like we were a burden. That's just the vibe we got. 

I use the bars for sodas all the time. Don't feel like carrying the freestyle cup all day long. (Just in evenings for variety). Ignore any vibe, you paid just like everyone else. An automatic gratuity was also added to the Soda package when you purchased. If I use the same location multiple times per day I leave a few bucks, but it's not necessary. Again, you pay for package and gratuity. Never feel like a burden. Soda customers are also paying customers, not just booze.