Dress Code for Main Dining/Specialty Restaurants

First time cruiser! I am packing for my cruise on the Allure of the Seas and I see there is a “dress code” for the MDR and Specialty Restaurants. What is acceptable? I know breakfast and lunch is more lenient. Would would a nice skirt and a top with spaghetti straps work or a dress with straps for all? And what about tank tops for men?

Tank tops for men will probably be challenged.  Never ever do they not look like someone has just walked in from working on the car.  I've seen them turn away men in tank tops in the MDR.

My husband will generally wear slacks and a collared shirt (occasionally nice jeans, but not on formal night). My attire for the MDR and Specialty restaurants are usually slacks and a nice top, or a dress (nothing super formal).  We usually do Specialty dining on Formal nights since we don't bring "formal" clothing for the MDR, but really, they are very loose on the dress code.  No swimwear.