Parking at Miami Terminal

Headed to a 3-day on Freedom in a week and have heard some grumblings about parking at the Miami terminal since Icon arrived.  Anyone with recent experiences?  I was advised to park in West Palm (coming from Space Coast) and take the Brightline...  seems excessive, but I'm open to any info.  Thanks!

1 hour ago, Snotarni said:

Headed to a 3-day on Freedom in a week and have heard some grumblings about parking at the Miami terminal since Icon arrived.  Anyone with recent experiences?  I was advised to park in West Palm (coming from Space Coast) and take the Brightline...  seems excessive, but I'm open to any info.  Thanks!

We have not had any real issues with parking in Miami (I assume you're talking about Terminal A since you mentioned Icon).  Yes, the parking garage was crowded, but never so much that we couldn't find a parking spot.  In fact, our last cruise out of Terminal A, we managed to park in the closest possible parking space to the elevators on Floor #2 (I have a handicapped parking permit though).  We arrive early - between 9-9:30 and have always found a parking spot within a couple of minutes.  NO WAY would I do the WPB/train thing.  WAAAYTOOO much work.

23 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

We have not had any real issues with parking in Miami (I assume you're talking about Terminal A since you mentioned Icon).  Yes, the parking garage was crowded, but never so much that we couldn't find a parking spot.  In fact, our last cruise out of Terminal A, we managed to park in the closest possible parking space to the elevators on Floor #2 (I have a handicapped parking permit though).  We arrive early - between 9-9:30 and have always found a parking spot within a couple of minutes.  NO WAY would I do the WPB/train thing.  WAAAYTOOO much work.

Awesome!! Thanks!  Person I spoke to last month mentioned that trying to park in A for non-Icon cruises (even if your ship is in A) was difficult, and that they had to park in another lot, and shuttle over...  not worried, this happens in PC sometimes too...  as you mentioned, it's NO WAY as "$ss-painy" as parking in WPB and taking the Brightline.  😉