New Orleans RCL Port PARKING

Just today I booked at Fulton Place (Port of New Orleans) 901 Convention Center Blvd. 504-269-7296.  I’m not entirely sure if this is THE Port of NO parking or just an offsite parking location.  I have never been there so I have no clue about whether it’s good, bad or indifferent.  The cost is $19/day and with taxes and a service charge (no idea what that’s for) the total for 8 days is $176.79.

If anyone has any info on this location, I’d love to hear it.

We’re staying at the Hilton Riverside which appears to be nearby.  I checked out hotels that would let you park for the duration of the cruise but none of them were places I wanted to stay so we’re splitting our parking up between hotel stay and cruise parking.

Our cruise is Nov 16.

We are sailing November 2 Brilliance 7-N

I found RCL parking is at the Julia Street Cruise Terminal, parking rate is $25 per day/flat rate fee.  Nothing about reservations.

Another options:

Parking is available at the 100 Poydras Garage, located at 100 Poydras St. New Orleans, LA.  Parking rates: $25 per day without reservations and $25 per day plus $1/per day fee for reservations.

I’m considering  using The Parking Spot at MSY (New Orleans airport) for $12.50/day and Uber/Taxi to cruise port.  It’s half the price plus transfers.

On 3/23/2024 at 6:55 PM, WAAAYTOOO said:

Just today I booked at Fulton Place (Port of New Orleans) 901 Convention Center Blvd. 504-269-7296.  I’m not entirely sure if this is THE Port of NO parking or just an offsite parking location.  I have never been there so I have no clue about whether it’s good, bad or indifferent.  The cost is $19/day and with taxes and a service charge (no idea what that’s for) the total for 8 days is $176.79.

This is what I have successfully used in the past. If you have a lot of luggage I suggest dropping the luggage off at the terminal prior to parking there. Getting an elevator down in the parking deck can be difficult with all the luggage..unless you can handle stairs. I either drop luggage off or drop someone in my party off with the luggage before parking.  Returning isn't as much of a problem.  They do have a shuttle to take you to the port if you don't want to walk it. The walking distance is further than the driving distance because of the one way streets. In a vehicle you have to drive all the way around the convention center while walking you can just walk up the street to the terminal.

10 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

This is what I have successfully used in the past. If you have a lot of luggage I suggest dropping the luggage off at the terminal prior to parking there. Getting an elevator down in the parking deck can be difficult with all the luggage..unless you can handle stairs. I either drop luggage off or drop someone in my party off with the luggage before parking.  Returning isn't as much of a problem.  They do have a shuttle to take you to the port if you don't want to walk it. The walking distance is further than the driving distance because of the one way streets. In a vehicle you have to drive all the way around the convention center while walking you can just walk up the street to the terminal.

Thanks for the info, Ashley.  I had JUST about decided to cancel and go with the terminal parking, but now I feel confident in keeping what I have !  Very helpful.

5 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Thanks for the info, Ashley.  I had JUST about decided to cancel and go with the terminal parking, but now I feel confident in keeping what I have !  Very helpful.

I have used them a couple times when cruising out of NOLA. It was worth the savings to me over the terminal parking since it is so close. I even stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites Convention Center the night before and just scheduled my Fulton parking to start that night and left my car there for the hotel stay too. They have a shuttle to the port as well which was convenient the time I stayed there.

I'm interested in parking options too. We are driving through Alabama and Mississippi and will spend the night in Hattiesburg the night before our February 1, '25 sailing. The only thing I really care about in NO is a nice breakfast at Cafe du Monde before boarding. The parking I found is called "Best of New Orleans" right by the terminal.