Posting from the Serenade in the Straight of Messina

JasonD

We got on the Serenade yesterday headed for the Greek Isles. We were greeted in the room by a note from the staff stating the last cruise had a minor norovirus issue. Cause for concern? Any one go thru the virus and have any advice? We have 8 days left onboard. With two kids under three wish us luck!

I wouldn't be too concerned. I'm sure the ship was thoroughly disinfected prior to boarding as it's in RCI's interest to do so.

I go onto every cruise with the assumption that there is a norovirus risk. As such, practice regular, thorough hand washing. Limit exposure to shared surfaces (e.g., stair rails and elevator buttons) and wash your hands both before and after serving yourself at the buffet just in case the serving utensils have been contaminated by another passenger. I even as one fellow passenger using food handler's gloves when using the utensils at the buffet, presumably to be extra cautious.

In 20 cruises and my son's (7) 11 cruises, we've never had a problem.

You should do this on all cruises but be sure to ALWAYS wash your hands after using the restroom AND before you eat.  The disease travels via food so do your best to keep your hands clean.  I always do this anyway but don't let the letter ruin your cruise!

Hope its going well - would love a review of the ship when you return, lots of interest now

that its headed to New Orleans in the Winter months

Hope the cruise is spectacular so far :) .

Also, wait... so New Orleans will not be shipless now? That's good news!

Successful posting from a fantastic taverna in Santorini, we are happy to say we are noro free and doing great. We had a few nights of rough seas and a bunch of rain but the sun has finally peaked and temps are great!

Enjoy the ports!

Hope its going well - would love a review of the ship when you return, lots of interest now

that its headed to New Orleans in the Winter months

Sailed the unique Western Mediterranean itinerary May 12 BCN, Nice! Florence, Rome, Amalfi Coast, Sicily, Malta, Sardina, Mallroca, BCN. Fantastic ship, crew, and best itinetary in 20 years of crusing. If Spain, Italy, & Western Med Isles aren't on your bucket list, the list is not complete! Sailing Serenade again next Mar from New Orleans - embarkation city & ship drove decision!