Trip Insurance

We have trip insurance through LeisureCare and our son just came down with confirmed Influenza B tonight, We sail out on Sunday on Symphony. It is just my wife an I that are cruising. From the way i understand the language, that should still be covered by the trip protection?

We have no one to watch him and wouldn't really want anyone to watch him while sick to infect others, parents are older and really don't want to ask them for their health to. Any thoughts or guidance would be appreciated.

7 hours ago, Midwest Cruiser said:

We have trip insurance through LeisureCare and our son just came down with confirmed Influenza B tonight, We sail out on Sunday on Symphony. It is just my wife an I that are cruising. From the way i understand the language, that should still be covered by the trip protection?

We have no one to watch him and wouldn't really want anyone to watch him while sick to infect others, parents are older and really don't want to ask them for their health to. Any thoughts or guidance would be appreciated.

So sorry that you had this happen.  Hope he’s feeling better soon.  Sorry you’re missing your cruise.  Are you SC on this one ?

9 minutes ago, Biaggio said:

Depends on the policy. Some say “immediate family members” whether or not they are traveling. Check your policy. Hope he recovers soon. 

We will reimburse You, up to the Maximum Benefit Amount shown in the Schedule of Benefits, for the amount of the unused non-refundable prepaid Payments or Deposits for the Travel Arrangements You purchased for Your Trip, when You cancel Your Trip prior to departure for a covered reason, including cancellation fees. Trip Cancellation must be due to one of the following reasons:

1. Your, a Family Member’s, a Traveling Companion’s, or a Business Partner’s death, that occurs before departure on Your Trip;

2. Your, a Family Member’s, a Traveling Companion’s, or a Business Partner’s covered Sickness or Injury, that: a) occurs before departure on Your Trip; b) requires Medical Treatment at the time of cancellation; and c) as certified by a Physician, results in medical restrictions so disabling as to cause Your Trip to be cancelled; or

If I'm reading and understanding that correctly it should be covered....

• 3 weeks later...

Update for all,

Just received email from Aon which is the Insurance that is selected when you book through Priceline, also who is the Insurance when booking directly with Royal Caribbean.

We have been approved for refund. Very pleased and relieved to have this news and reimbursement.  Followed the instruction, had the doctors paperwork filled out and also submitted the discharge paperwork showing all tests performed and diagnosis. Online submission was on March 2nd received email confirming acceptance of claim on March 19th. 

Little guy is doing well and recovered from Influenza B, Double ear infection, and Pneumonia. So all is well and time to finally rebook our next cruise for Dec 8th to replace the lost one!

1 hour ago, Midwest Cruiser said:

One last question, We have not received our refund for the ultimate drink package for the canceled cruise. Has anyone had experience as to who to ask for when calling in?

Last time I called Royal customer care the phone system gave me the option to speak to someone about a previously completed cruise. So listen for that option when you call the number on the website.

On 3/21/2024 at 3:57 PM, ChessE4 said:

Last time I called Royal customer care the phone system gave me the option to speak to someone about a previously completed cruise. So listen for that option when you call the number on the website.

Actually selected the option of having an already booked cruise. Just gave them our Confirmation number and said it takes usually 10-14 business days for the refund to show up. 🤞