Insurance

Question to UK residents mainly who have been on a Royal Caribbean cruise that stops in Labadee. 

We are struggling to find travel insurance that will cover us for the cruise because it stops there. 

Does anyone have any advice as to where to find valid travel insurance?

Government advice is not to travel to Haiti so you will probably not be able to get insurance. 

Best option would be to get a years multi trip insurance for worldwide and including cruise. Obviously while on Haiti you wouldn’t be insured. 

Thanks Ray, yea that’s what I was thinking, I spoke with one company that said the whole policy would be invalid even if we’re in Haiti one day. 

Found it rather strange that if I got sick in Florida 2 weeks after I’d not be covered because I sailed into Haiti a couple of weeks prior. 

Causing a lot of stress, I’m surprised that RCI go there, I know it’s perfectly safe, I presume that the US market have no issues getting insurance. 

3 hours ago, ChessE4 said:

Correct, no issues for us because it is a private, secure area.

I wish the UK would see it like that. Im still in search of an insurance company, unfortunately taking out an annual policy would not work either, as traveling to any country against the advice of the government will invalidate the policy. I've had the insurers say that even if I needed medical assistance in Florida 2 weeks after the cruise (which is where we'll be) the policy would be invalid and would not pay out. 

On 2/25/2024 at 10:47 AM, David83 said:

Question to UK residents mainly who have been on a Royal Caribbean cruise that stops in Labadee. 

We are struggling to find travel insurance that will cover us for the cruise because it stops there. 

Does anyone have any advice as to where to find valid travel insurance?

I've never used this company, but they appear to be a niche insurer covering travel to FCDO high risk areas including those with advice not to travel:

High Risk Voyager Travel Insurance | PS