UD on 3 night cruise?

In May my daughter (age 16) and I will be doing the 3-Night Allure of the Seas cruise and I’m curious as to thoughts of doing the unlimited dining package on a short cruise. Her and I are both foodies and it’s a special birthday/Mother’s Day trip for her and I.

My husband and I are doing a 7-night Anthem cruise in March (our first ever cruise) and did the unlimited dining on that so I’m anxious to see how it works. 

thanks!

Getting full value from a UDP (for us, anyway) really depends on how many times you are able to utilize the pkg for lunch. On a 3 night cruise It is unlikely that there will be any sea days (which is the only time specialty restaurants will be open for lunch) so I would only expect to be able to use you dining pkg for dinners.  Depending upon the price, it may or may not be a good value for dinner only.  If you think that you and your daughter would be using the pkg more than once per night (we cannot eat that much do the answer to that question for us is definitely “no”) then maybe it would be worth it….but Allure does not have Playmakers so I can’t image where else you would dine in addition to your standard specialty restaurants.

Compare it to the price of the 3-night dining package and if it is cheaper then go for it otherwise just get the 3-night package.

Normally here in Aus/NZ cruises do not have port stops so we do have the ability to use for lunch as well, but I don't want to get to the stage where we have lunch in the specialties just to get value from the package. 

2 minutes ago, F1guynz said:

Compare it to the price of the 3-night dining package and if it is cheaper then go for it otherwise just get the 3-night package.

Normally here in Aus/NZ cruises do not have port stops so we do have the ability to use for lunch as well, but I don't want to get to the stage where we have lunch in the specialties just to get value from the package. 

A 3n cruise probably won't have a 3N package. Not all packages will be available on all cruises.

1 hour ago, Ampurp85 said:

A 3n cruise probably won't have a 3N package. Not all packages will be available on all cruises.

Oh I didn't realise that, as previously they have always been available on 3-night cruises here.

36 minutes ago, F1guynz said:

Oh I didn't realise that, as previously they have always been available on 3-night cruises here.

Usually it will just be the udp on anything less than 4night. They use to offer the Chop's plus 1 but I haven't seen it in a while.