Questions about booking two cruises and then canceling one

When new cruises are posted on the RC site later this month, we hope to see two itineraries that we're wanting (although just one cruise would be kept due to the fact that doing both might be more money than we want to spend in such a short period of time).  We don't expect both cruises to appear on the site in the same week.  Let's say one becomes available one week, and another becomes available the following week.  Our thought was to book the first one to come available and try to get the cabin type we want (a suite).  So my question is this:  If we book one cruise, and a week goes by and we now are fortunate enough to book a different itinerary and cabin we actually prefer more, would we forfeit the full deposit we made on the first cruise?  (I hope I made this clear.)

Also, we're wondering if there's any particular time of the day that new cruises are posted or does this tend to be random and at any time of the day or night?

Thanks for any help offered.

10 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

But you can pay a change fee($100pp) to switch the sailing for the one you want. 

I'm not familiar with how to do this on the RC site.  (Soon after booking, we'll be transferring the reservation to a TA.)  Wouid I make a deposit on the second cruise and then do something on the site to cancel the first one and pay the change fee?

My whole intention of booking as soon as I see what we want is to avoid losing out on the suite and location.

27 minutes ago, happy cruisers 2 said:

I'm not familiar with how to do this on the RC site.  (Soon after booking, we'll be transferring the reservation to a TA.)  Wouid I make a deposit on the second cruise and then do something on the site to cancel the first one and pay the change fee?

My whole intention of booking as soon as I see what we want is to avoid losing out on the suite and location.

No. I understand you are trying to book as soon as things are released but you will lose something if this is your strategy for suites. If you don't want to have a TA do it, they could possibly do a curtesy hold, and want to book yourself, you will pay two deposits and lose one. Considering that suites deposits are 10% of the fare I believe, you might lose a hefty chunk of change. Or you could book one, then call in, you cannot do the change yourself, you have to call, and then have them transfer the deposit to the new booking and they will minus the change fees.