3 Night Dining Package Question

Is the $20 a la carte food credit on top of the specialty dining? Or does that replace say a Chops dinner if we decided to get some lunch at Playmakers.

I am looking into buying this, but it doesn't really explain what is what.

What's Included

• 3 nights of dining at specialty restaurants.
  • For restaurants with a la carte pricing, you’ll receive a $20 food credit, which can only be used once a day.
  • For ships with this venue, Izumi Sushi is a prix fixe menu or $39.99 food credit.
  • For ships with these venues, Teppanyaki/Izumi Hibachi is included, with a $15 surcharge, and Chef's Table is included, with a $49.99 surcharge. These will be charged once onboard.

44 minutes ago, Nick560 said:

Is the $20 a la carte food credit on top of the specialty dining? Or does that replace say a Chops dinner if we decided to get some lunch at Playmakers.

I am looking into buying this, but it doesn't really explain what is what.

What's Included

• 3 nights of dining at specialty restaurants.
  • For restaurants with a la carte pricing, you’ll receive a $20 food credit, which can only be used once a day.
  • For ships with this venue, Izumi Sushi is a prix fixe menu or $39.99 food credit.
  • For ships with these venues, Teppanyaki/Izumi Hibachi is included, with a $15 surcharge, and Chef's Table is included, with a $49.99 surcharge. These will be charged once onboard.

With the 3 night package, you get 3 complimentary meals.  If you choose to use 1 of them on an a la carte meal, then there goes one of your 3 meals.

55 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

With the 3 night package, you get 3 complimentary meals.  If you choose to use 1 of them on an a la carte meal, then there goes one of your 3 meals.

Lol thank you. After hearing that I will not be buying it. I'll stick to the windjammer 😂

In the past, I would always purchase a three night specialty package. Back when the price was $109…total.

The downsides were that I was unable to book any restaurant until I boarded…so it was a risk that many of the best slots would already be booked, especially if I was looking for a larger table. I know from Matt they’re looking to change that but I haven’t seen it yet.
 Made for lots of anxiety on embarkation day…and even before that. For instance I would have my alarm set to remind me that I needed to check in at midnight as soon as check in opened so I could get an early boarding time. Then the rush to leave my home early to beat the traffic. Yeah, I know, I’m a worrier.

Also, even though I booked early dining…if I purchased a dining package, it would default me into MyTime Dining. If I called to try and change it back, the only thing they could do was put me on the early dining waitlist. So another task I needed to do on boarding day was to rush over to the main dining room host desk and wait in line…then try to get the host to change me back to early dining and hope I could get a good table.

More embarkation day stress. So now I just don’t purchase any package. They made that decision easier by raising the prices so much, and by making it hard to balance both specialty and MDR.

Also, during my Anthem cruises, servers will come around in the daytime offering discounted meals in the specialty restaurants because they have lots of available tables. I usually get the 50% off for Jaime’s.

35 minutes ago, usmcddv said:

Do they always switch the 3 day package folks to MTD? How can you check/switch? When

They usually switch those with any dining package to MTD. It makes since because why would they hold a set table when your intention is not to eat there every night?