Hotel Port Canaveral

I’m trying to book a hotel for one night pre cruise in September for our Utopia cruise.  We also need to book a night after the cruise as we will then be boarding the Mardi Gras!  I’m looking at a few hotels and would appreciate any suggestions on my current options.

Country Inn & Suites by Radisson has a great price for the first night but is very pricey the second needed night.

Hampton Inn & Suites Cocoa Beach is $12 more for the first night but $50 less for the second night.  

I did notice that Hampton advertises Pet Friendly and I am allergic to dogs and cats so wouldn’t want to be given a room that had one in it.  Maybe I could call them to see if they have some rooms never used for pets?  Country Inn does not note either way if pets are allowed or not.

I haven’t looked at much else…anyone have recommendations?  
Thanks

When we left out of Port Canaveral, we stayed at the Homewood Suites on Astronaut Blvd.  Not sure of the rates for the rooms but they offer free breakfast and they have shuttles that take you to the cruise port.  There are a ton of hotels along that strip that provide shuttle service to the cruise port.

We just stayed at the Hampton Inn / Home2 Suites last week before our January 5 3 night cruise on Allure.  It is a shared property, both Hilton names.  The Hotel itself was nice and had a good breakfast.  They have a shuttle that can take you to the port, but it costs about $10 per person.  We took Uber to the port and it was about $20 including tip and let us go on our own schedule.  The only downside is there is limited restaurant choices for dinner within walking distance, but there are a few.  We ended up eating at a Thai restaurant about 3 blocks away.  I would stay there again. 

We've stayed at both the Country Inn and Hampton. both good. as far as dinner you can always order takeout/delivery.  Zarrella's is good. which  we did when we stayed at the Counrty Inn , got a lot of food. you could share an entree . When we stayed at the Hampton Inn, there is a bar in the pool area and it has a few takeout menus, we got pizza (not sure from whom, got a couple of drinks and ate at one of the tables on the deck. 

👍👍 for Home2Suites and Zarella's. Been there loved both. 

But......love does have a price,  for that matter anywhere within spitting distance of the port entrance does.

We also did a pre-cruise stay at the Radisson. Nice enough hotel, decent restaurant, but a little raucous for us, especially if your room is near the pool deck. The parking lot scramble of shuttles and cars leaving for the port is like the start of the Daytona 500......