My Time Dining, reservations?

Hi,

This is our first royal Caribbean cruise.  I'm a little confused about "My Time Dining"  I selected a time when I booked the cruise. It shows 6:45-9pm   Do I need a reservation as well, to eat in the main dining room?  Is there a long wait around 6pm?  Thanks!

2 hours ago, Sail909 said:

Thanks for the replies!   So, you don't think we'd have to wait long if we showed up at 645 without a reservation?

This will depend on the line without reservations and how many people actually made reservations. You could wait long even with a reservation. 

2 hours ago, Sail909 said:

645-9pm

I'm confused.  When we book our cruises on the RC web site and select MTD, multiple time slots show up for each day of the cruise, roughly during the times you've indicated (or something close to that), and you need to select one of them (day by day) for each day and add them to your cart.  If I recall, they're every 15 minutes?

15 hours ago, Sail909 said:

Thanks for the replies!   So, you don't think we'd have to wait long if we showed up at 645 without a reservation?

Eehhhhh.....6:45 seems to be a really popular time and there are lots of folks with reservations getting in so I don't know how fast the non-reservation line would go. That said, the reservation line is usually fully seated by 7 so I figure worst case, maybe a 15-minute wait?