Travel agent and MyVegas perks

To make a long story short, my husband and I are ready to cruise again after taking a 2 yr hiatus due to starting a family.

We are looking to cruise this coming November (just us two to celebrate our 5 yr anniversary) on Oasis and this time we are planning on using a TA (already reached out to MEI). Anyways, we used to play MyVegas and typically turned in our credits for OBC. He thinks if we use a TA that we cannot turn in our credits for OBC. Does anyone know if this is true or should I just wait until I hear from a TA?

Thanks!!

I've done it three times so far. my TA isn't a top star so i've had to do it myself 2/3 times. this last time, she was finally able to do it without issue. Just make sure you add the points ASAP after booking because the staff's understanding of the cut off for the "new" bookings requirement is all over the place. I've heard 7 days, 14 days 3 months, and 1 year after booking lol