Celebrity/Silver Seas Cruise January 2024 Brazil Visa Alert

JasonOasis

If you have a cruise or know someone who has a cruise on Celebrity or Silver Seas that starts or ends in Brazil on or after January 10, 2024 you/they will now need to apply for a Brazilian e-visa. There are no exceptions or exemptions for cruise ship passengers.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel/International-Travel-Country-Information-Pages/Brazil.html

https://www.afar.com/magazine/u-s-travelers-will-soon-need-a-visa-to-enter-brazil

This information came out 3 days ago and I'm sorry for my delay in posting this but this applies to ALL Americans if your cruise starts or ends in Brazil you will need an e-visa. We knew this was a possibility in the airline industry as Brazil reintroduced visa requirements for Canadians and Australians earlier this year, now they've just announced it for Americans as well. The cost for the visa is $80.90 and once obtained it will be valid for 10 years.  The Brazilian government is saying it should take 5 days to process visa request but most experts are saying apply now because it could take up to 2 months for your visa to be processed.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Not sure why Brazil is requiring a visa for USA passports starting January 10. It is a hassle and I think it will hurt tourism. I just went through getting a Colombian a visa to come yo USA and it is a long slow process and depending on the visa type costs $160 to $535 and is non-refundable if turned down.