Steve

It appears the exact arrival in Miami is either not known or a secret.

Not known could stem form many variables such as weather, logistics of supply and so on.

Secret could stem from marketing, building anticipation etc.

The first cruise is January 27. Its obvious the latest Icon could arrive would be early AM on the 27th.

Dock time cost money so I would not expect Icon to arrive and spend days at the dock.

Though much is prepared and done in advance, there is probably an official process of paperwork and inspection by the Coast Guard and so on.

On the other hand, back to marketing and politics, there will no doubt be some kind of welcoming ceremony that includes A welcoming regatta, ships whistles, fire boats spraying water, and general hub bub.

My best guess is an afternoon arrival on the 26th with much fan fair as she docks. This would give a full 24 hours or more for on boarding food and supplies before the inaugural cruise the next evening.

This is my best guess....it is just a guess.

46 minutes ago, Ditchdoc said:

It appears the exact arrival in Miami is either not known or a secret.

Not known could stem form many variables such as weather, logistics of supply and so on.

Secret could stem from marketing, building anticipation etc.

The first cruise is January 27. Its obvious the latest Icon could arrive would be early AM on the 27th.

Dock time cost money so I would not expect Icon to arrive and spend days at the dock.

Though much is prepared and done in advance, there is probably an official process of paperwork and inspection by the Coast Guard and so on.

On the other hand, back to marketing and politics, there will no doubt be some kind of welcoming ceremony that includes A welcoming regatta, ships whistles, fire boats spraying water, and general hub bub.

My best guess is an afternoon arrival on the 26th with much fan fair as she docks. This would give a full 24 hours or more for on boarding food and supplies before the inaugural cruise the next evening.

This is my best guess....it is just a guess.

Yes, the port berth in Miami certainly costs a pretty penny but I believe there is more to the story. The company normally does a couple short travel agent and executive cruises and then the general VIP visits exc before paying passengers go on the first official inaugural voyage 1/27. The Oasis Class ships were still being outfitted in Miami and Port Everglades when they first arrived so it’s possible Icon will have time built in to bring on US based contractors to complete some of the specialized action items that couldn’t be done in Europe. 

There is an influencer\contest winner cruise set for a week or so prior to the inaugural sailing, as well.  Loaded up with Youtubers, Tik tokers and Instagramers, as well as those people who did the Mr Beast video a few month back that won a free cruise.  Not sure if that is a separate one from the TA cruise, but this is a 3 nighter with a stop at PDCC.