ODYSSEY of the SEAS April 27 - May 11, 2025 (14 Night TransAtlantic Cruise to Rome)

Oh My Gosh…cannot believe I just booked this!  😆 Super excited!   Got a great deal (Josh with MEI) and just couldn’t say NO!

This cruise is special for several  reasons:

• First time on Quantum class
  • Longest cruise so far
  • Only have to fly one way (from Italy to USA!)
  • Best reason…I will hit Diamond status on the 12th night!!  😱💎 

So…anyone joining us?

• 1 month later...

I was just looking at the itinerary today! I am very tempted to book this cruise. It arrives in Rome/Civitavecchia on my birthday, so that may be all of the excuse I need. But I'll tell my wife it's a Mother's Day present...   🤣

What interested you in a transatlantic cruise? Do you plan on doing any site seeing in Rome before heading home - or maybe an extended Italian tour?

Edited by markinct
clarity and my stupidity

On 12/30/2023 at 3:23 PM, markinct said:

I was just looking at the itinerary today! I am very tempted to book this cruise. It arrives in Rome/Civitavecchia on my birthday, so that may be all of the excuse I need. But I'll tell my wife it's a Mother's Day present...   🤣

What interested you in a transatlantic cruise? Do you plan on doing any site seeing in Rome before heading home - or maybe an extended Italian tour?

First…I got a great price from Josh at MEI Travel.  Sort of sealed the deal!  I’ve wanted to get back to Italy since my one and only visit in 2006 (went with a girl friend…my husband stayed home) but my husband is not much of a flyer.  Since he has been good with cruising the past few years, I thought why not get an awesome cruise in…end up in Rome…and when ready to return home only need to fly one way!  This itinerary sounds amazing!  We’ve never cruised on Odyssey (or any Quantum class) so it’ll be all new and exciting.  My husband’s sister is coming along and hopefully she will find someone to cruise with her…and also our very good friends who have become our cruise companions!

Yes, we plan on spending 3-4 days in Rome and then take the train to Venice and spend 2-3 days there and fly home from there.  My nephew and hopefully our son and son-in-law (May 11 is their anniversary!) plan to meet us in Rome and do the land vacation part with us!  They can’t take too much time out of work but they are interested in doing a crash 5-7 day tour with us!  I think before this actually takes place we will have a few more family members joining us for the land part of this vacation!  

Josh is going to help with all my planning and I really trust him!  

I hope you join us!  

Edited by PPPJJ-GCVAB
Added info

We work with an TA from MEI travel, too. I will price this out with her, though the prices I saw on RCL's website seemed good.

I had the opportunity to travel to Italy with the military in the 90s. Venice is amazing - you will be impressed and you'll thoroughly enjoy yourself!

We've done one sailing on a Quantum class ship - there's a lot to love about them! 

• 2 months later...

Doing this as part of the “big retirement trip” 

original idea was husband retires at Christmas 2024 

we head out to New York in March ‘25 and go clockwise round Canada and the US and get back to New York in time to take the transatlantic back to Europe, have a couple of days in Rome and then go home to Scotland

this is still the trip but we might be going home on trains (Rome - Vienna - Paris - London - Scotland) and Hubby is now retiring in July so this will be cruise 6 and we have a Europe to US transatlantic in August and also doing Transpacific in October 🫣😲

if anyone is interested hubby did Uni in Rome and has offered the FB group a talk on the ship about Rome (history and religious info) and might also be up for a bit of tour guiding when we arrive

New itinerary:

Below, please find our revised Odyssey of the Seas April 27th, 2025, itinerary.

Date

Day

Port of Call

Arrive

Depart

4/27/25

Sun

Cape Liberty, New Jersey

4:00 PM

4/28/25

Mon

Cruising