CC points to credit confused?

RCIfan1912

This should be super easy but I'm very confused. I opened a CC probably 4 or 5 months ago. We have an upcoming Anthem cruise in late February and with the black Friday sales put about 900 bucks on it. Is that enough to turn into on board credit? I'm also not sure how to because I'm kinda getting the runaround or conflicting info. Thanks for any help. 

6 minutes ago, RCIfan1912 said:

I went to BOA and they said I had to log in to Royal Caribbean and go from there. When I did that I had no idea where to go to do this so it's really the runaround so far. I'm guessing 900 bucks isn't enough for much then if it's 50 bucks for 5,000. Id like to find out though. Thanks for the help. 

There’s a 4x the points currently-it started on Nov 10.  However even at 4x the points you won’t have enough to cash in if you only have 3,600 points

18 minutes ago, Pattycruise said:

There’s a 4x the points currently-it started on Nov 10.  However even at 4x the points you won’t have enough to cash in if you only have 3,600 points

Thanks, so we have another cruise in October on Liberty. Should I just keep using it for Royal Caribbean purchases and cash it in for that one? Probably the better bet? We have excursions to buy for that one, and dining packages too. 

I think you should look at your statement  and check your points (or call).  Usually when you open a Royal credit card there is a bonus incentive “charge”x” dollars within “x” months and  get  “x”points.  
you may have more points than you think or you may be a tad shy of hitting the spend to get the big bonus points. 

using them for zoo Tiber is something to consider.

id call to ensure you understand the 
# of points you have
If you need to spend more to reach the bonus for opening the card (assuming that was an offer)
How the redemption works 

it’s better than making assumptions or getting bad info from us

Log in to your BOA account online and go into the card in question.  Then hit the Rewards tab

image.thumb.png.e410b67e365c36c4f64ec4cb4596c845.png

There you will see a summary of your point accumulation and a button to Redeem.  Click that button

image.png.22c4e7fd5f71c485563602a8d0c82451.png

That will take you to a page to choose the category.  I choose Onboard Credits and Amenities

image.thumb.png.da66f5ad010ea7233a5fb3069234acc3.png

Then you can choose between OBC and the robes

image.thumb.png.22f66e375d22f2a900135dcc0f855efc.png

From there you can add it to your cart and when you check out it will ask for your reservation number and the OBC appears in just a couple of days.  I can't show you that part because I just redeemed everything for OBC on my upcoming cruise.

It's really quite easy.  You never need to call or talk to anyone and despite reports of it not applying until just before the cruise, that has not been my experience.  It has shown up within a few days even if the cruise was still 6 months out.

$900 spend isn't going to get you much.   With the bonus you could get a trinket item from the merchandise and Charitable Donations section.  You're really looking for 5k increments in points.

image.png.bb66a9afc34cf5b3b255e8c7c282b72e.png

2 hours ago, Xaa said:

Log in to your BOA account online and go into the card in question.  Then hit the Rewards tab

image.thumb.png.e410b67e365c36c4f64ec4cb4596c845.png

There you will see a summary of your point accumulation and a button to Redeem.  Click that button

image.png.22c4e7fd5f71c485563602a8d0c82451.png

That will take you to a page to choose the category.  I choose Onboard Credits and Amenities

image.thumb.png.da66f5ad010ea7233a5fb3069234acc3.png

Then you can choose between OBC and the robes

image.thumb.png.22f66e375d22f2a900135dcc0f855efc.png

From there you can add it to your cart and when you check out it will ask for your reservation number and the OBC appears in just a couple of days.  I can't show you that part because I just redeemed everything for OBC on my upcoming cruise.

It's really quite easy.  You never need to call or talk to anyone and despite reports of it not applying until just before the cruise, that has not been my experience.  It has shown up within a few days even if the cruise was still 6 months out.

$900 spend isn't going to get you much.   With the bonus you could get a trinket item from the merchandise and Charitable Donations section.  You're really looking for 5k increments in points.

image.png.bb66a9afc34cf5b3b255e8c7c282b72e.png

Thanks, I guess I'll just wait till next Octobers cruise. It's not a huge deal in the end. I guess it's really like chasing after crumbs.