I'm back...Pre-Cruise Allure Dec cruise

Hello Everyone, 

I attempted to access my previous account (FloridaCruiseGirl1210) however was unsuccessful to retrieve access. So I am back in a new version. My last Royal sailing was on Adventure back in Oct-Nov 2019. So I'm sure a lot has changed. We have sailed since, with some other cruise lines due to Royal's increase in cost, but I found good price on Allure for a birthday cruise for me. We have never been on Oasis Class and only been on Voyager class (Mariner and Adventure). I know you have to reserve shows, but what else is the big difference. I am also super excited to FINALLY make it to CocoCay. We were supposed to go in 2018 (pre-dock) and due to weather didn't make it. 

Also should/will the Christmas decor be up?

Please any guidance would be appreciated! 

It will depend on when you are sailing as to if the Christmas decor will be up. Yes, you have to reserve the shows and they open up around the 45 day pre-cruise mark. Keep checking the days prior to that as they will fill quickly. There are also more shows available so my recommendation is to look at one of the Cruise Compasses for the Allure sailings from Florida and try to pre-plan what you want to watch and on what days. The other thing you will have to get used to is the shear size of the ship. There is a lot more walking and many, many more things to do so again check the Cruise Compasses so you are not overwhelmed with all the options.

As for the shows, you must see Mama Mia so plan for that (2 hours and 15 minutes). Blue Planet is different but the staging is nice. The Aqua Show, if you never have seen one, is superb and of course the ice show is great. Not sure who you will have for the headliner show but the last several for us on Allure have been outstanding. You do not reserve the headliner show but if you think you will like it get there early for good seats.

For Coco Cay we always pick the Chill Island chairs and get there early to find a good seat under a palm tree. We get off the ship and immediately turn left and follow the path there. It is close to the eating area and restrooms.