Reservations for Specialty Dining Like Izumis or Chops ahead of time...

jayboy82

So i was watching Matt doing the videos on Youtube for Advice on Cruising and he mentioned that for Specialty Dining you have to wait until you get on board to make your reservation time.  Now a few nights ago I booked Izumis and Chops in the Cruise Planner, selected me and my wife and at the bottom it gave me the option to pick the times I wanted with a span from say 6pm-830pm or something like that.  I selected like a 7pm and im assuming thats our actual reservation.  It says it on the confirmation email the time too but im wondering why then was he saying you had to wait to be on board?   Just a bit confused.  The video was only 6 months old so it cant be too out of date id think.  Thank!

10 hours ago, jayboy82 said:

So i was watching Matt doing the videos on Youtube for Advice on Cruising and he mentioned that for Specialty Dining you have to wait until you get on board to make your reservation time.  Now a few nights ago I booked Izumis and Chops in the Cruise Planner, selected me and my wife and at the bottom it gave me the option to pick the times I wanted with a span from say 6pm-830pm or something like that.  I selected like a 7pm and im assuming thats our actual reservation.  It says it on the confirmation email the time too but im wondering why then was he saying you had to wait to be on board?   Just a bit confused.  The video was only 6 months old so it cant be too out of date id think.  Thank!

As @SpeedNoodles mentioned, the "waiting until you are onboard" only applies to dining packages and the D+/Pin BOGO.  When you purchase a specialty dining meal through the CP, you pay full price, so you are rewarded with your choice of times.  When you purchase a dining plan, you receive a discount so you are not permitted to choose your dining time until after you board (or just prior to boarding if you are in a suite, in which case, the suites concierge can make those reservations for you a couple of days before you board).