Dinner Reservation Tips?

OnCloud9x

Does anyone have any advice/tips on what time makes the most sense when it comes to making reservations for dinner in the specialty restaurants? We are trying to plan out our June ‘24 Icon sailing, but we’re uncertain of what dates/times to make dinner reservations because we want to ensure we are able to attend the entertainment options (theatre shows, comedy shows, etc.) and not be stuck in the middle of dinner. Any seasoned cruisers have advice for making reservations prior to having access to the cruise compass?

@OnCloud9x, you can always look up the old cruise compasses on here.  They should have some for the Icon, but they have enough other ones that should give you a good idea of when the shows usually start.  At least with that information you should be able to plan your dinner reservations.  And the dinner reservations have a wide variety of times, from 5pm to 9pm.  Good luck and have fun!!

7 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

@KJ777 Icon won't sail until Jan 27th so there are no cruise compasses.

But early dinner around 5:30, should guarantee you can make 7:30/8pm shows and a 7pm reservation should be okay for shows after 9pm.

@Ampurp85, I thought about that after I posted!  Clearly, I don't keep track of things as much as the more seasoned cruises.

We like to plan on dinner around 6:45 if we intend on going to the later shows at 9:30/10pm.  This allows enough time, even if you like to arrive at the show early to get your preferred seating.  I would just suggest not scheduling things too tight, unless feeling rushed doesn't bother you.  If you end up with a little time to kill, hey, there's always a way to do that when you're on a cruise.  Sometimes we even go back to the cabin and change out of our dinner clothes and get a little more casual before the show.