Large group in MDR

Djbird

I'm just going to say I am the biggest fan of the MDR experience.  I love it soup to nuts!  

I organized a group of 18 with mostly adults but a 4 or so under 16.  They put us all together at a very long table off to the side.  They even had the table marked with a big reserved sign on it with my name which was a nice touch.  However it wasn't as great as it could have been, but it was all our fault.  Sometimes we were not all there right on time, people would move around based on whatever conversation was going on - it was a tiny bit chaotic.  Taking the order of 18 people took quite a long time and inevitably someone would want to change their order by the end of the process.  Dinner was slow and clunky - again all our fault.

We did it again the following year and did multiple tables of either 6 or 8 and had a much better experience.  So my two cents is get a couple of tables instead of trying to act as one big party.

1 hour ago, Djbird said:

Hello everyone, it looks like we have a group of about 15 that are going to be going on a Thanksgiving cruise next year. I was wondering what the maximum table size is in the MDR?

We had 12 of us on a cruise once.  They put 2 tables next to each other to accommodate us.  We rotated seats at each dinner to be able to visit with different people.  As you usually only have conversations with the people near/next to you.  It worked great.

I currently have a group of about 75 on wonder as we speak. For our own reasons within the group, we needed to have seven different tables so we could rotate some guests of honor to a different table each successive night, so we needed to have seven tables that all seated 10 or 12. They were very accommodating and pushed together combinations of rectangular fours sixes and twos so that all of our tables totaled out to the required amounts. As long as you set it up ahead of time I don't see it being much of a problem, but if you try to do it on the fly without warning them it would probably be too much to accomplish because it would not be possible to move those tables around if other people are already assigned to them.

23ShipAbove1VH80.jpg