Day 2 departure from Vancouver

JFCruise

I'm looking at this itinerary and it says that the ship is in Vancouver for Day 1 and, if I'm reading correctly, departs at 3:30 AM the next day (or basically, really, really late in Day 1)

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruises/itinerary/7-night-alaska-adventure-from-seattle-on-quantum/QN07YVR-2948065485?sail-date=2024-04-29&currency=USD&country=USA#step=0

Are the check in times in this itinerary "normal"? Could I expect to check in, say 10 am, explore around the ship a bit, then go back to Vancouver and explore? Or are check in times/rules different in this case?

13 hours ago, JFCruise said:

I'm looking at this itinerary and it says that the ship is in Vancouver for Day 1 and, if I'm reading correctly, departs at 3:30 AM the next day (or basically, really, really late in Day 1)

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruises/itinerary/7-night-alaska-adventure-from-seattle-on-quantum/QN07YVR-2948065485?sail-date=2024-04-29&currency=USD&country=USA#step=0

Are the check in times in this itinerary "normal"? Could I expect to check in, say 10 am, explore around the ship a bit, then go back to Vancouver and explore? Or are check in times/rules different in this case?

This has to do with the tides for the larger ships to fit under the Lions Gate bridge, I don't believe you can check in and leave on embarkation day. 

56 minutes ago, JFCruise said:

I don't really mind the 'late' embarcation. But is there any reason I can't go spend the afternoon in Vancouver after I already checked in?

Yes, security and customs protocols. Port day protocols and procedures are not the same as embarkation day. This goes for both the RC side, but also the Canadian Customs side as well. Vancouver isn’t considered a port day on your sailing. It’s the same rules as any other embarkation port. But once you are on the ship, your only getting off of it happens on port days. If you want to check out Vancouver, fly in the day or two before.

1 hour ago, JFCruise said:

Thanks @Ryan79 I'll keep that in mind. Might also check in a bit later if I end up wanting to explore Vancouver that same day.

Yep, that’s what I was going to say. We did this in San Juan; dropped off the bags around 10am and then didn’t actually check in until around 3-4pm after we’d walked around town.